Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Should Dark_AleX wait to release new CFW! Agree?

DCEmu Legend

I believe he should release 3.80 M33 first, then release another CFW in the future. Why? Because what if he doesn't release 3.80 and gets to work on the next one, but finds that Sony royally screwed with the new firmware to prevent CFW.

Then he'll have X amount of months invested in a firmware that he didn't release because the new firmware, which will now require X more amount of months to reverse engineer.

Thats a worst case scenario. Best case scenario, Sony doesn't change anything with the firmware's workings and he can release a "patch" for 3.80 to the next firmware with little to no effort.

Besides, it seems that Sony changed something in 3.80 anyway (requiring a new decrypted/extractor), so chances are, we might need 3.80 CFW to upgrade to the next CFW...

DCEmu Legend

Well, news is breaking that the latest word from Mathieulh himself says that 3.80 M33 will be released within 24 hours. On January 11th.

And its very interesting to learn that the future upgrade process of M33 custom firmware will be through network update. All will be $#@!ulative so if you have not updated in a while, you won't have to go through several upgrade processes.

It certainly gives strong indication that Dark_AleX and team are planning to keep M33 development ongoing for quite some time.

I can't wait for this!

Quote Originally Posted by Veskgar View Post
    Well, news is breaking that the latest word from Mathieulh himself says that 3.80 M33 will be released within 24 hours. On January 11th.

And its very interesting to learn that the future upgrade process of M33 custom firmware will be through network update. All will be $#@!ulative so if you have not updated in a while, you won't have to go through several upgrade processes.

It certainly gives strong indication that Dark_AleX and team are planning to keep M33 development ongoing for quite some time.

I can't wait for this!
    Through the network update? that's pretty intense, i'm still on 3.03 oec, and too lazy to upgrade. if the upgrades become this easy in the future, i may just have to do that. Real good to know it's coming out soon, i think its the right desicion

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread Information