Thread: Major Nelson's Live Update is No More Live Updates

xbox 360 Major Nelson's Live Update is No More Live Updates

via Kotaku

As Xbox Live limps into the third week of 2008 still experiencing slow-downs, and occasional outages, salvation has come in the form of a legal excuse not to explain why the service remains so dodgy.

According to Larry "Major Nelson" Hryb, he is no longer allowed to update us because Microsoft now faces a class action lawsuit over the outages. Hryb apologized, but said any future updates will need to come from "the lawyer."

That means no more Twitter updates like "LIVE is looking pretty good now....how is it for you guys-n-girls?" or "I want to thank you all for (mostly) being so understanding during the tough LIVE time. Some of you did decide to cuss at me...but ok.".

The response by gamers over on his Microsoft site is getting quite hostile, hostile toward Larry Hryb and each other and the guys behind the suit. It's unfortunate that this has happened, because the only thing worse than having issues with a very popular service, is not being able to talk about when a fix is coming.

How about you all, are you still experiencing any Xbox Live issues?

i've only had a few problems this year at all, but haven't you all noticed how into the new year the live updates were reduced from full screen to framed? being rid of the streaming video portions all together doesn't surprise me at all. most were just fluff anyway, but it was light years beyond the "create a mii that looks like blah" that my wii dumps on me. can't nintendo at least give a virtual console update list out weekly?

So funny that they'd have problems with a paid service. Especially one thats been around for years now. Then again it is Microsoft, a company that still can't fix windows.

Thread Information