Thread: Alex Kidd resurrected for SEGA Superstar Tennis

General games Alex Kidd resurrected for SEGA Superstar Tennis

via Nintendic

Forget the talk of which secret characters will be making an appearance in Super Smash Bros. Brawl, because surely this revelation is more significant: SEGA’s Alex Kidd will be appearing in the upcoming SEGA Superstar Tennis, his first videogaming outing for over 17 years.

The news comes plucked from the latest issue of Game Informer magazine and the beady eyes of Seganerds. The article writes:

In addition to featuring Sega’s top roster of talent like Sonic, Dr. Eggman, and Aiai, the game will include some of the company’s cooler, albeit bearly-forgotten characters. We’re happy to see Space Channel 5’s Ulala, Jet Set Radio’s Beat and Sega’s defunct mascot Alex Kidd from Alex Kidd in Miracle World back in action.

Alex Kidd, with his ape-like ears and bright red attire was SEGA’s primary mascot between 1986 and 1990, when the firm dropped him in favour of Sonic the Hedgehog.

SEGA Superstar Tennis will be released for the Nintendo Wii and Nintendo DS this March.

Sweet, I grew up on Alex Kidd.... before Sonic anyway

DCEmu Newbie

SomeHow I want to Understand why Sega Left him For Sonic ...

I think its time to Bring Him back & dump Sonic they R starting to Make his games...Lame.....

Sonic and Alex Kidd were both platforms, but Sonic was a lot better and more successful , so Sega thought Alex Kidd would be a waste of money.

It's funny because I used to go on in the Sega forums on how they need to bring back Wonderboy, Alex Kidd, and Zillion, and everyone told me that Zillion was not Sega's to own (ok so make a clone called Trillion or something), then they told me that Alex Kidd and Wonder Boy have no market value and therefore will not be ressurrected...

...well "Rise From Your Grave" despite what Altered Beast may have had us thinking, Alex is back and I hope this guy get's his own platformer again! It would be a nice break from Sonic. Imagine visiting Miracle World and Shinobi world again!

I like alex kidd. I only liked the one game and I've forgot the name (sms pre-load).

Someone mentioned Wonderboy, I also love wonderboy, but only Wonderboy III. (in my top 5 favortite games)
    PSN (PS3/PS4/Vita)/NintendoID - Triv1umx
    Steam - Rjinswand
    Runescape - Rjinswand

Quote Originally Posted by Triv1um View Post
    I like alex kidd. I only liked the one game and I've forgot the name (sms pre-load).
    Alex Kidd In Miracle World

Wait, NiGHTS comes back from fanboy's dreams, now Mr Alex Kidd, I wonder if we will see the day of a game called "Alex Kidd in 3D World?" What about it eh? =P

Quote Originally Posted by ojdon View Post
    Wait, NiGHTS comes back from fanboy's dreams, now Mr Alex Kidd, I wonder if we will see the day of a game called "Alex Kidd in 3D World?" What about it eh? =P
    nah nah nah, Sega will ruin the serie like Sonic :S

Sega should remake stuff like Alex Kidd In Miracle World, Alex Kidd In Shinobi World, Wonderboy 3: The Dragon's Trap, Psycho Fox and Phantasy Star with updated graphics etc. for VC &/or XBLA. Cha-ching!

Thread Information