Voters
13. This poll is closed
  • Vampire Chronicle

4 30.77%
  • Sonic Adventure 2

9 69.23%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vampire Chronicle vs Sonic Adventure 2

I never played Sonic Adventure 1/2 but i played demos of both, and hated it. I don't know why but i just didn't like these games. Perhaps i needed to spend more time with them.

Acorn Electron User

Not played either of these although I have SA2 waiting to be played so my uneducated vote will be for SA2 based purely on SA 1 which was pretty good.

I do like 2D fighters but VC looks pretty shabby based on the screen shot above, especially the sprites - worse than SF Alpha/Zero anyway. Maybe it looks better in motion.

How does it play? Sounds like it's based on SF Alpha/Zero which IMO plays pretty good - a great nostalgia trip for me as SF 2 on the Snes brings back fond memories.

Vampire Chronicle is a mix of all DarkStalkers games ever made featuring all the characters from all three games. A port has been released for PS2 (or was it PSP?) a few weeks ago.

The DC original came out in 2000 and was only available in limited numbers in Capcom's online series 'for Matching Service'. It doesn't support RGB thus it's the reason why the screenshot does look so blurry and seems to miss some of colors.

Plays like your average Capcom fighter which is pretty fantastic! and the animations are better than in Alpha/Zero 3. However the sprites are more pixelated. In motion you hardly won't recognize that but if you compare Morrigan in CvS2 with the other character cast you'll notice it.

Since the game is great and very rare I voted for it.

Vampire Chronicles is nice 2d fighter, but Sonic 2 rocks! this speeeeed, pure gameplay (but it can be better - more Sonic & Shadow levels)

I have Sonic 2 but i dont have the fighter. I have to say i love fighters for Dreamcast cause they like to make them so Arcade perfect and its great to play with friends for a good short time cause i dont think fighter games were meant to be played for hours and hours.

Then theres Sonic 2 Adventure the graphics when i played this game were so amazing and the fast action was just beautiful. The thing that lacked in this game that i can remember is the camera. Some of the music was bad but i loved the first song that played when your skating down that street i thought it was a great introduction.

Another thing that was cool though i had problems doing was the little creatures you make (yeah sorry kind of tired right now cant remember the name) that can save to the vmu and you can during the game feed and play games with the creature or even do it out on the road.

Though i got errors from both Sonic Adventure games and never tried it again. I also though Sonic 2 had a pretty fun multiplayer game and the Kart racing game was fun aswell though there should have been more levels included on the disk instead of having to download them.

I do recommend this game for anyone but i dont find that its anything like the classics from Master System,Genesis and Sega CD those were classics that nobody can ever beat but if you love speed and thats what it was about for you in Sonic games test it out.

Eric

Just release on ...PSP (and it aint that hot)

Darkstalkers Vampire Chronicles is not a Dreamcast title (although it is available on import)

The best of the import Dreamcast games seem to be the 2D conversions of the SF2 clones... Fatal Fury MOTW, Guilty Gear, Last Blade II, KOF......

However for this poll Sonic 2 has to win by default. It is far superior to the first Sonic title.

I will throw a poll for you DC users
    Aerowings Vs Aerowings 2

DCEmu Pro

marc this is a world cup of DC games, the games have already been selected.

SA2 was crap compared tot he first one, the fact I got stuck due to a camera angle which changes half way through a jump, so in actual fact my movement changes half way through the jump so I always miss the platform pissed me off.

The GH zone is a nice addition, as is the fact I have the nice sonic anniversary edition.

I didnt know there was a darkstalkers game on DC, haveing played several darkstalkers games I'd say they're all better than SA2 (with the exception of the first one) so darkstalkers get's my vote.

Vampire Chronicles is not a Dreamcast title
    Yeah, it is. Not PAL though.

guys,are you ok?
    SA2 it's a nice game,the complexity and money used in developing that 3D adventure it's far superior than that 2D arcade conversion. I have both SAs and are very good and funny. I finished SA and unlocked SA2's last world (can't finish knucles water phase), so i liked both a lot. The dreamcast has better games but both are nice(don't remember platform games being better than SA's, tough. Only games like Shenmues, Grandia2, Skies of Arcadia,...)

btw, best Sonic it's Sonic1 from megadrive

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information