Forget Xbox One’s multimedia capabilities – Microsoft’s new message is that games are very much the focus.
In fact, new Xbox boss Phil Spencer has promised that the platform holder will unveil an unprecedented selection of content at E3 this June.
He told Polygon that Xbox will have "the best lineup of content in a long time" at the show, adding: "We're early on in the console generation, and obviously Sony's having a great launch.
"Console gaming is doing incredibly well right now. Six months ago, everybody wondered if console gaming was dead... but this is a long, multi-year generation and my fundamental belief is that great games create the best platforms.
"I see the conversation focusing more on the games: what new IP we are investing in, what's going on in Japan, what are we doing with Halo. It’s my job to make sure the best content shows up there – maybe a mix of things we're bringing back from the past, like Killer Instinct, which was very successful, as well as new IPs, like Quantum Break, Sunset Overdrive and other things we haven't announced yet.
"As the conversation with the customers today centres around the content that we have, that's the majority of my focus. And we're talking to developers about the next thing they want to be doing on Xbox."

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/micro...-at-e3/0130477