Thread: ps3hax vs ps3news ... here we go again

Blog Entries

Forum ps3hax vs ps3news ... here we go again

Seems the PS3 Scene is suffering the same crap that the PSP scene has suffered, heres the article from Brakkens Blog:

UPDATE: It seems the DDOS is over and the rumors of the site being totally compromised are true as it now redirects to Google. I don't really condone hacking, but God knows Daniel Serafin had it coming. I wonder how "bad" the hack is.

Well, it seems PS3News is up to no good once again. I'm sure you can all remember them as they leaked Dark_Alex's Custom Firmware source code fter hacking into the very insecure database over on Max-console, retrieved user passwords and gained access to the source. The backlash from the PSP community was enough for Daniel Serafin, the owner of PS3News (aka PS2NFO aka PS2OWNZ) to change his entire site layout and promised he would change his ways.

Well, it didn't take long for him to get back into his dubious activities. Of course, we all know his past activities have included editing the credits of releases and replacing them with his sites URL, stealing applications, exclusive pictures, not linking to sources, etc ... As Team Xecuter called them "scene trash" one would think people would avoid his site at all costs, but even after the "change" he still gets visitors - sorta.

After the PSP fiasco he lost his PSP user-base (sadly to Max-console, who is now losing them too) and only had his PS3 users left. Well, a lot of them didn't like the PSP situation and moved to a site named ps3hax.net. Since then he's been outraged and of course blames it on everyone but himself.

Now, lets step back a year or so. I'm sure a lot of you remember PS3News reporting that Paradox had made a PS3 ISO Loader which to my knowledge never existed and was used to luer visitors to his site and help sell Team Xecuter's products. Sadly, Paradox which is one of the oldest "hacking" groups around support Mr. Serafin. I'm not sure why, but they do. Anyway, the ISO Loader was never released and probably never existed in the first place.

Well, a few days ago a REAL PS3 exploit was unveiled by a team named Team ICE (not to be confused with the ICE Team who was known for releasing fake XBOX material in the past.) ps3hax had an exclusive video on their site and this must of frustrated Mr. Serafin greatly as he hacked into ps3hax's database, stole some information and then started a fake campaign to discredit Team ICE.

The first action taken after the hack was a mass banning of IP addresses contained in ps3hax's database. Basically, Daniel wanted banned the administrators, moderators, coders and some members of ps3hax using information contained in the illegally obtained ps3hax database.

Contained in this database was an earlier exploit named RFOM (Resistance Fall of Man Exploit) which helped hack into the PS3 GameOS system. PS3News then modified this exploit so it didn't work and then released it in a slanderous news article. This was their first attempt at tarnishing Team ICE's name.

"This caused basically a huge flame war to erupt on our forums and if you can go through the topics on our forum you can feel the hate of many members towards PS3News, these guys basically try to shoot down a few talented hackers for their discovery" - ps3hax admin

Next, PS3News released the exploit supposedly used in the video (which was fake of course). This caused further outrage in ps3hax's forum. Daniel must be really out on a limb to release two fake programs. Then came the third program. It was another application created called the "PS3 SDK v2.10.rar" which was a simple BAT file that resets your computer.

Luckily, it wasn't near as damaging as when Daniel Serafin released a modified version of Dark_Alex's Custom Firmware CFW M33 which bricked many Sony PSP's. Anyway, Daniel had his flunkies spam ps3hax's forum with the that "fake" PS3 SDK file resulting in further frustration from the PS3 Development Community.

At any rate, PS3News is now under a massive DDOS attack. I don't condone such activities, but they surely deserve some downtime due to their ****ing ignorance. You'd think after the PS2, GC and PSP scene $#@! they pulled they would stop, but I guess Daniel Serafin is just a piece of $#@!.

If you would like to contact him over the matter he can be reached via the information below. Please note if you do call please obey the laws, be polite, don't threaten him, etc... This information is in the public domain. So is mine if you look for it.

Daniel Serafin
    117 Yorktown Dr
    Webster, NY 14580
    United States of America
    (585) 671-6422

"I just want proper credit where it is due, I love the PS3 hacking scene thus why I run the site. I'm not in it for the fame, power or money...I'm in it because I love homebrew. Plus I wanted a place where people can come in and get information easily without any hassle" - ps3hax admin

Well, welcome to the "scene".

What a $#@!.
    Doesn't he have anything better to do with his pathetic life than to ruin the scenes?
    I can picture him now, a nerd on his computer 24/7 with the nickname "Hax0rsRus"
    He needs to get laid.
    Seriously.

pff this guy is a major pr!ck, ps good idea posting his details lol hopefully someone send him a big boxs of $#@!
    Last edited by ryan2006; January 21st, 2008 at 22:14.

Blog Entries

Daniel Serafin
    117 Yorktown Dr
    Webster, NY 14580
    United States of America
    (585) 671-6422
    I might send him a Christmas card next Christmas (if he hasn't already moved), what a loser. :rofl:

I actually always check up on ps3hax. Very informative forums.

Why would someone want to do this?
    PSN (PS3/PS4/Vita)/NintendoID - Triv1umx
    Steam - Rjinswand
    Runescape - Rjinswand

Thread Information