Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: nullDC WIP news - Naomi emulation coming soon

Dreamcast nullDC WIP news - Naomi emulation coming soon

drkIIRaziel posted information, screens and a video about the upcoming nullDC version, showing progress on the Sega Naomi emulation.

Info:

I was messing today with some old Naomi emulation code and after fixing some stuff on the dynarec/PowerVR plugin I got the naomi bios running.

UPDATE:

It seems that the naomi 2 bios just wanted some DIMM emulation to get to the error screen.

NOTE: NAOMI1 or NAOMI2 GDROMS are STILL FAR AWAY FROM RUNNING.Dont get too excited.

Fixed some bugs here and there and got vs2_2ka intro working with sound.
    Last edited by JKKDARK; January 29th, 2008 at 23:01.

They emulate CPS3 & now, Naomi is next to emulate. I hope, they released it soon.^^

Garrofi had a release of Chankast wich emulates very good Naomi. I still have alpha releases for testing that makes naomi's rom to boot.

I was clear from the beginning that a Dreamcast great emulator could be able to emulate naomi as well.

It's a very nice new, Brilliant !
    SH4 Risc LittleEndian

DCEmu Newbie

Dumb question here, what is naomi exactly? Is it different than standard dreamcast games? If so, where would i buy a Naomi game? All i have been able to gather from googling is that naomi is some kind of arcade system, but does anyone seriously own enough of those huge arcade games to warrant emulating the games?

Naomi is an arcade board by Sega. The hardware specs are very similar to the Dreamcast.

DCEmu Newbie

The people who stand to benefit from NAOMI emulation are those who do NOT own the arcade systems. That said, there are a number of amazing NAOMI games, including Marvel vs. Capcom 2, and the Capcom vs. SNK series.

Does this mean that a conversion of the Naomi Star wars is now possible and could be played on the Dreamcast. This was one of the reasons I bought a Dreamcast in the first place as it was rumored at release that a conversion would be made.

If this was possible it would be amazing and worth all this time keeping the faith. I even have a treamcast.

Quote Originally Posted by surfstussy View Post
    Does this mean that a conversion of the Naomi Star wars is now possible and could be played on the Dreamcast. This was one of the reasons I bought a Dreamcast in the first place as it was rumored at release that a conversion would be made.

If this was possible it would be amazing and worth all this time keeping the faith. I even have a treamcast.
    No, but you will run the Naomi game file on the emulator. Not on the Dreamcast console.

Just to clarify, does that mean that you could play star wars on the dreamcast emulator.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by surfstussy View Post
    Just to clarify, does that mean that you could play star wars on the dreamcast emulator.

Thanks
    yes

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information