Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wireless router questions

I allways thought a broadband connection of some kind was needed to play games at all. Velo update that slow internet connection you got. I never seen a dial up router but they have to be some where in this world.

Well, i'm sorry the whole world isn't rich, but I can't afford one even if it "only" costs $30 a month. I live in the country so cable cannot be an option and DSL and sattalite are too expensive. Dial-up has done me good so-far.

The WiFlyer is a router for dial-up, unfourtunatly it also costs $150. Which is why I am looking for a cheaper alternative, I.E. ICS. What I don't know however, is if there is a way to use ICS to attain that.

oh yeah, and thankyou JcBoyCool, you seemed to find a reason to enter this topic. To raise your post count...

-James

Quote Originally Posted by Velo
    Well, i'm sorry the whole world isn't rich, but I can't afford one even if it "only" costs $30 a month. I live in the country so cable cannot be an option and DSL and sattalite are too expensive. Dial-up has done me good so-far.

The WiFlyer is a router for dial-up, unfourtunatly it also costs $150. Which is why I am looking for a cheaper alternative, I.E. ICS. What I don't know however, is if there is a way to use ICS to attain that.

oh yeah, and thankyou JcBoyCool, you seemed to find a reason to enter this topic. To raise your post count...

-James
    I didnt just post here to increase my post count. "I allways thought a broadband connection of some kind was needed to play games at all. Velo update that slow internet connection you got. I never seen a dial up router but they have to be some where in this world." I stated what I know. Many people told me a broadband connection is needed to play the psp.

As far as I know all consoles equipped currently for online play require high speed. I see no reason why a handheld would be any different. However homebrew might be quite different once it has gone that far.

To velo: I live in the country too and I don't even have the option of overpriced DSL. JcBoyCool was just trying to let you know that PSP gaming pretty much requires high speed. Technology has just advanced beyond dialup now. Look at most of these newer games, even the ones that are "dialup friendly" are laggy as hell.

I just didn't see how he helped because "requiring high speed connections" was one of the things already posted on this topic on the first page..

I relize now, that multiplayer gaming at home on my PSP would be impossible, even with programs that allow me to connect and play. I understand the lag would be horrible, using a wireless router and a community program that allows me to connect my PSP to very little users. The web browser is useless, seeing as I can connect whenever I want as it is with my PC...

I will probibly still use the browser and WIFI Gaming at my local library, although not many people are ready to play, yet...

Thankyou all anyways,

-James

DCEmu Newbie

Here's what I don't get, why do you have a wireless router with dialup and no way to bridge the two? If you have a home network then you must have multiple computers but only one internet connection right? And btw, the whole point of WiFi is to kind of eliminate the fact that different devices can't connect to eachother, some like you posted b4 "I know the frequencies of the router and PSP have to match before I go out and buy a wireless router." Any router you get will have the same ranger of frequencies and channels or close to. Your PSP is only compadible with certain types I would guess, not being an owner of a PSP myself. My NDS only works on certain wireless routers but if you want to make sure you're getting the best one for your PSP I would look at the official site for a list of compadible wireless routers. As for your dial up dilema, as stated before, you must have a high speed connection to play online games. Good luck savin up your money m8! You're gonna need it :P

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information