Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wireless router questions

Default Wireless router questions

Ok, if I were to hook up a wireless router up to my dialup, could I still get on line on my computer while playing my PSP over adhock/infrastructure mode?

Also, a wireless router would connect to all other hotspots that people play thier PSP's on right?

My brother wants to make sure..... he doesn't ever believe me.

-James

DCEmu Newbie

yes you can plat on the comp and internet the router make the internet faster to and if you have a good router more then one psp orr whatever can play on it but be near the router i got a d-link one and i have to play my psp in the same room as my router hope i helped you

Thanks that does help, Can you find out if the waves can go through the floor or wall? My computer is downstairs and I wanna play my PSP in my bedroom that is right above it?

BTW,does anyone know a very strong router that soesn't cost a great deal? I know the frequencies have to match the PSPs so I'm skeptical about buying a $150 router.

I am also having trouble finding an adapter that will work off of of a dial-up connection....

-James

DCEmu Newbie

i thinks if you have a good router it is posibal or even if it is not good you might have to be directly on top of the room that has the router

Is there such thing as a wireless router for a dialup modem?

I found DSL/CABLE and Broadband, but no dialup routers.

could someone help?

oh and thanks nav.

-James

ive never heard of one really, but im sure they exist. and maybe a ethernet>56k modem adapter? dunno if it works tho. i got a netgear router, not the best from what i heard, but it has pretty good range. i have the router in my room, and my laptop and psp connect well from the other side of the apt, tho its not particularly big, so it really depends on the router i guess, but i could get a few rooms a way through some walls

DCEmu Regular

i have a d-link and it has GREAT range over 100m!!

my linksys 11b gets still gets "good" at about 300 feet.

1. you wont be able to play games over a dialup connection (not psp atleast, highspeed is required)
    2. to share your dialup you would need to setup your computer with a wireless card and have it share the internet connection over the wireless signal. you cant just plug your wireless router into your phone line.
    3. if i were you id go down to your local staples/best buy/circuit city/radio shack and have the guys/gals there explain to you exactly how the thing works. im sure it would help you understand how networking works.
    4. i suggest getting a cheap dsl line you can get them as low a 30 bucks a month and thats still pretty fast. you can get decent ping on online games and at 30 bucks a month just about anybody can afford it.

i can help you with basic questions but as far as sharing the 56k connection wirelessly id have to talk to my geekier buds about that because thats over my head....but i know thats what you will need to do. keep this in mind if you are sharing a 56k line it will be incredibly slow because when you are using both at the same time your dividing the speed by 2. feel free to pm me if you want any help but having sombody explain it in person will probably be the best way so swing down to a electronics store and ask em. and if you pick their brain buy the router or whatever there theres nothing more annoying than sombody coming in and leeching all your information then going to BJ's/Sams club across the street or going home and ordering it online to save 5 bucks.....i worked at staples for about a year back in 2000...so i know first hand.

DCEmu Newbie

i have d-link to i got it free with a laptop

If I set up an ICS connection through my Ethernet to a Non-dialup router, then could I play games on my PSP?

Don't worry I have a network set up, my ethernet is good.

anyways, I figure I could use an ICS connection with a Broadband/DSL router. You suppose that would work? I think any router will act as a hub correct? I just need help setting it up is all. my AOL is so annoying to set-up as with an ICS connection because it won't let me set it up without being a nousance because it uses AOL's properties, not Windows.

-James

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information