Thread: PSP will not install 3.80 m33...

Default PSP will not install 3.80 m33...

Well, as the title says, my psp will not install 3.80M33. A few days ago I attempted to install 3.80M33 from the standard XMB installer. Everything went fine, until I rebooted. My PSP was bricked. But, luckily I have the UP modchip to create myself a pandora battery. So, I made myself one, and used my dedicated pandora memory stick to unbrick it and install 3.80 m33. Again, it bricked. I have tried around 5 times to install it, and it does not work. I have asked people an IRC channel and consulted google, but neither have provided an answer. The people in the IRC said that the problem was with the modchip. Is it possible that the firmware detects the modchip and refuses to boot? Or is it just some problem in M33?

By the way, I redownloaded the update eboots and the installers, and there are many checks in the m33 installation, so it is unlikely that anything is corrupted.

Data from Despertar Cementerio v4:

Tachyon = 0x00200000, Baryon = 0x00030600
    Pommel = 0x00000103, Syscon DK = 0x3FFF
    Nand size = 33554432
    Model: PSP Standard (TA-79)
    Last edited by Nicko01; January 23rd, 2008 at 00:10.

If you have a pandora kit why not convert your memstick to the new despertar cementario v4 and run that it upgrades direct to 3.80m33.

Thats exactly what i did.

And it still bricks! Maybe the chip could be your problem cos i never heard of that problem before.

Other possibility is you have a TA-082 motherboard which would have been patched at some point during a downgrade, Sony have now implemented something in the new firmware that detects this patch and BRICKS your psp, If this is the case you might need chilly willys key cleaner to sort out your IDstorage before you can upgrade.

DCEmu Old Pro

The chip will be the problem.

Try going to 3.71 M33, then upgrade from there - or failing that, 1.50 and upgrade normally.

Make sure you're using the PSP NAND, not the UP one.

Cloudy

Yeah, the only problem though is that the UP NAND is the first boot, so that is what I use. I also tried updating 3.71m33 to 3.80m33 directly the first time, but, it may just be that for some reason either sony detects the hardware in 3.80 or the hardware isn't compatible somehow. Other firmwares do work, including 1.50 and 3.71m33. Of course, I'm sure DAX could patch it, but I don't think he wants to waste the time doing that because of how little number of people have the modchip.
    I needed it to fix my brick a while back, long before pandora was released. I haven't tried installing it to the PSP NAND yet because if that bricks, i have no way of fixing it because pandora only can flash the main PSP flash, and it wont use the UP one. There also should be a way around that, if i knew how to flash stuff to the PSP flash instead of the UP one, which i know DAX does, then i would make a pandora that can flash to that too.

Thread Information