Thread: lxdream WIP news - Linux booting

Dreamcast lxdream WIP news - Linux booting

From the official site:

After fixing some boneheadedness in the ASIC event code (and a whole passel of translator caching and other bugs), I’ve finally gotten to the login prompt:

(to clarify, this is the dreamcast-linux-010605 ISO that Takeshi Yaegashi put together several years ago, running a modified 2.4.5 kernel)

Unfortunately (after the happy dance), it was at this point that I realised I haven’t actually implemented the keyboard yet, so it’s impossible to do anything useful with it. It’s also admittedly painfully slow to start, but I was expecting that (TLB lookup is currently near pessimal).

Anyway, working on the keyboard driver now ^_^.

PS: If anyone has a working link to this image, please let me know where it is (I’d like to keep a link to it) - my google-fu has utterly failed to turn up a good version as yet, and my own copy is only on a somewhat scratched CD…

Changes

* Add VMA support to the SH4 disassembly functions
    * Handle out-of-page delay slot execution with emulation single-step
    * Finish translator breakpoint implementation
    * Fix a pair of long standing ASIC event bugs
    * Fix xltcache forgetting to clear references to blocks before overwriting them
    * Fix recovery + backpatch records not being position independent (big duh!)
    * Fix yet another translate block bounds overrun
    * Fix MAC.L/MAC.W exception handling (broke the stack if the second arg caused an exception)
    * Fix various other minor bugs

Update: Just hacked together a quick keyboard driver, able to login and launch X now. Excellent…

So what is this? Is this for the PC emulator? Or is it for the Dreamcast itself?

It's a Dreamcast emulator ofr PC (Windows, Linux, Mac).
    And it's running the Linux software on Dreamcast emulator. (the same Linux software that you use in your Dreamcast console)

Thread Information