Thread: Four48 crew tackling Paper Mario for weekend Child's Play marathon

Blog Entries

Reviews Four48 crew tackling Paper Mario for weekend Child's Play marathon

Remember those wacky kids who tried to beat the four 3D Zelda games in a single two day sitting, and failed miserably due to technical difficulties and general overzealousness? Well, they're back, comically tiny TV and all, to take on the N64 cult classic Paper Mario, in an attempt to raise more donations for Child's Play (their first outing netted a total of $1200 for the charity).

These weekend warriors (called the Four48 crew in honor of their first ambitious marathon) are planning on sitting down with a new game every Saturday morning, and not getting up until the ending credits roll. You can watch their exploits on their video webstream (and donate to a worthy cause) on their site. We highly suggest it -- if watching these guys trudge through classic games doesn't trigger your nostalgia gland, at least it's interesting to watch bedsores develop in real time.

http://www.joystiq.com/2008/01/26/fo...s-play-marath/

Paper Mario wasn't that long of a game, so I think they could do it fairly easily, though I have to question how they're going to get 3 players working on a single-player game. They could switch off I guess, though then it's not nearly as impressive.

EDIT: they're currently in Shy Guy's Toybox, so they've gotten pretty far already.
    Last edited by DanTheManMS; January 26th, 2008 at 22:31.

I never played Paper Mario, just the sequel. The sequel's pretty fun, though. Good game!

Thread Information