Thread: Reminder: Last chance to download Undertow for free

Blog Entries

xbox 360 Reminder: Last chance to download Undertow for free

Yeah, we know. The whole "deep sea diver combat" genre peaked with Sega's largely unknown arcade masterpiece The Ocean Hunter, but still, it's rude to look a gift horse in the mouth -- or, rather, to look a free game in the drearily repetitive gameplay. If you haven't done it yet, today is your last chance to download Undertow on the XBLA marketplace for the cost of zilch. Who knows, you may dig it -- and if all it costs is a moment of your time to pick up, isn't it worth checking out? Let us know if free was the right price for the game -- and if it served as an appropriate apology for the recent hiccups in the Xbox Live service.

http://www.joystiq.com/2008/01/27/re...rtow-for-free/

i think it was a perfectly acceptable and appropriate response (free online game to attract more to its community), but i hope previous purchasers of the game don't feel left out and are somehow also compensated (not being adversely affected by live downtime is one thing, but to show up to a freebie handout and return with nothing stings even more). my favorite part of undertow is the storyline complete with cutscenes to "deepen" the single player experience.

DCEmu Newbie

wouldnt have mind having it. liked it when i played the demo. unfortunately my 360 has been at the xbox repair center and is now on its way back.

Thread Information