Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920 LastLast

Thread: jEnesisDS 0.6

DCEmu Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Calasirojonashil View Post
    Well, everytime I try to use it, the top screen turns black, but the touch screen acts as though nothing happened.(I can touch things for instance)
    I'm using the Max Media Dock, and I really want to find out what I'm doing wrong...I've patched it with the MMCF.dldi...

Should work on the MMD.
    Reformat your CF and try turning the ds clock to 00:00. Worth a try.

DCEmu Newbie

Hi Lordus, your emulator is great and maybe you'll be able to win the "Neoflash Spring Coding Contest 2008", you should consider participating!

Dcemu Coder

Quote Originally Posted by crookedmouth View Post
    Should work on the MMD.
    Reformat your CF and try turning the ds clock to 00:00. Worth a try.
    I hope this problem is already fixed in my current version. I started working on something, that will probably take a bit longer, but i might fix up what i have first and make a new release soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Shidori View Post
    Hi Lordus, your emulator is great and maybe you'll be able to win the "Neoflash Spring Coding Contest 2008", you should consider participating!
    Thanks, but i already entered it in the last compo, where it made the 3rd place (of course it didn't stand a chance against a full blown SMS emulator port)

Hm, when was this? Before or after your GBAX release? GBAX was the first time I heard of jEnesisDS at all, as it seemed to come out of the blue.

Dcemu Coder

Quote Originally Posted by DanTheManMS View Post
    Hm, when was this? Before or after your GBAX release? GBAX was the first time I heard of jEnesisDS at all, as it seemed to come out of the blue.
    It was afterwards. The 0.5 version was released in the Neoflash Summer compo 2007.

DCEmu Newbie

I still think your 0.6 version (now with sound wich was not the case with 0.5) could win...

Well i've tried DSmasterplus and it's far from being perfect, it's very buggy and the sound is horrible... Plus the autor seems to have abandonned his project, it's a shame cause SMS games are great... Now i'm thinking of it, jenesis has a functional z80 core for the DS, is it possible to make it work for SMS games?

Dcemu Coder

Might be possible. In fact that's what i developed/debugged my Z80 core on

DCEmu Newbie

Wow, amazing! After seeing the picture, i was like, maybe i missed something, and tried to run a SMS game, of course it didn't work

Are you planning to actually support SMS with jenesisDS? That would be very nice

I too would like that very much. I can't believe DSMasterPlus pipped you last time around - it's sh*te emulator in comparison. If you added SMS support and maybe changed the name, couldn't you re-enter jEnesisDS? I mean, isn't it re-written to use hardware scrolling now?

Dcemu Coder

I would like to support it directly in jEnesisDS, but that looks a bit problematic at the moment. In jEnesisDS the Z80 ASM core is very optimized to work specifically for emulating the Genesis' Z80. For SMS emulation a more general core is required (this is currently a compile time switch). Due to lack of memory on the DS (or the need for a more complicated solution) i would rather release it as a standalone emulator.

Thread Information