Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: jEnesisDS 0.6

Quote Originally Posted by TechRat View Post
    Oh, please. Cry me a river. These people are spending large chunks of their free time developing incredible applications which they then offer to you for FREE, and you have the nerve to complain about it because you have to create an account to get them? Oh, boo hoo. If it bothers you so much, just write your own damn programs. Otherwise, show a little respect for the programmers and quit your whining.
    Amen.

DCEmu Newbie

Thanks for the new release Lordus.. Much appreciated!

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Lordus View Post
    - Custom YM2612 and PSG emulation, running on the ARM7. So there is sound now
    - Many parts rewritten. Speed without Z80 core should be quite a bit faster for most games.
    this is unbelieveable
    it runs sonic 2 at fullspeed with sound.
    never though ANY emulator on the DS would be able to do that... but this 1 does !!!

respect and realy thanx for all your time and effort.
    thanx
    pman1902

DCEmu Newbie

OMG i love sega genesis! i use to play it all the time, but i lost one of my wires and kinda forgot bout it over the years hehe. this made me pull it out, blow off the dust and reminisce over my old games. this is excellent. though a few minor issues. a few games there are many glitches such as x men 2 and sonic the hedgehog 2. and i no you explained that the screen size for sega is different then ds, but isn't it better to have black bars on the top and bottom, rather than chopping of the sides (make it smaller)? in some games this means you don't no how much lives/health you have, and its kinda annoying. and i no this is a first version with sound, but hopefully it will be improved? some noises r way off. but overall, excellent work and thank you for ur time and effort. keep it up

and i no you explained that the screen size for sega is different then ds, but isn't it better to have black bars on the top and bottom, rather than chopping of the sides (make it smaller)? in some games this means you don't no how much lives/health you have, and its kinda annoying.
    The screen cannot be squished horizontally. At all. None. The Genesis's screen is wider than the DS's, and since you cannot squish it, this is all that can be done. If you must have horizontal scaling, use the SW renderer version of v0.4a.

and i no this is a first version with sound, but hopefully it will be improved? some noises r way off.
    That's what he means by
    I know very well, that the sound is not perfect, but it's the best i could do in the time working on it, so please don't complain..
    I am sure that i can improve it and i am positive that all games will run at full speed with sound one day.

DCEmu Newbie

Has anyone managed to get this to workon the DS ONE or N-CARD flash carts? I can only get it to work on the R4.
    Many thanks

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by DanTheManMS View Post
    The screen cannot be squished horizontally. At all. None. The Genesis's screen is wider than the DS's, and since you cannot squish it, this is all that can be done. If you must have horizontal scaling, use the SW renderer version of v0.4a.
    no u misunderstood me. i didn't mean to squish the screen horizontally. keep the dimensions the true sega format, but make it smaller so that it will fit on the ds screen. that means there will be bars on the top and bottm, but that's better than chopped off sides. get it? and whawt do u mean sw renderer? is that option? *goes to check*

DCEmu Newbie

nice emulator, finally i'm able to play the genuine sonic.

saving the state seems to mess up the emulation, loading the rom again and then loading the state seems to fix the problem so it's just a minor bug. (I'm using a ds lite with ez flash V)

Quote Originally Posted by da_head View Post
    no u misunderstood me. i didn't mean to squish the screen horizontally. keep the dimensions the true sega format, but make it smaller so that it will fit on the ds screen. that means there will be bars on the top and bottm, but that's better than chopped off sides. get it? and whawt do u mean sw renderer? is that option? *goes to check*
    That's exactly what I'm talking about. "Making it smaller" is not possible with the way the graphics are drawn to the screen. You can do it vertically, which is what jEnesisDS already does; the actual Genesis resolution would require you to chop 16 pixels from the top and bottom without the vertical scaling, which is enabled by default. However, this cannot be done horizontally when using hardware rendering.

The "SW renderer" version of v0.4a uses a different method of drawing graphics to the screen. This lets you squish the image to fit into the DS's screen like you want, but it runs slower as a result. It's not an option in v0.6 here - you'll have to go back two versions to get it.

WOW how the heck did I miss this release?? Thanks Lordus, we needed a Genesis emulator with sound :thumbup:

Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread Information