Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: jEnesisDS 0.6

Quote Originally Posted by KalleKalle123 View Post
    Really awesome, great with sounds. But I dont understand the "widescreen" in-game. When I played genesis on 4:3 TV back inte the 90's there was no widescreen. Why is the screen so wide on Nintendo DS now?
    It's not a "widescreen" feature or anything. It's a technical issue. The Genesis's screen resolution is 320x224. The DS's resolution is 256x192 for each screen. Therefore, since the Genesis screen is 64 pixels wider than the DS screen, you have to chop off those 64 columns. The default setting chops 32 off each side.

The same thing happens vertically as well, chopping off 16 rows from both the top and bottom. However, jEnesisDS can use vertical scaling to squish the screen down to 192 pixels in height, and this option is enabled by default. This may be why you think it looks widescreen, as the image is squished vertically in an effort to fit it onto the screen.

Horizontal scaling to squish the Genesis image into the DS's 256 pixels of width is only possible in the software emulator build, not this current build that has sound.
    Last edited by DanTheManMS; February 8th, 2008 at 03:44.

DCEmu Newbie

<3 <3 this is the greatest thing ever. thank you so much

Heheh. The "ring" sound in Sonic the Hedgehog makes me laugh. XD

Thank you so much for the vastly improved version! Now with sound!!!!! ^.^

Sweet man you rock! Thanks from Canada eh. BTW anyone who disses the DS is a tool cuz the DS is the bomb to be playing you're classics on. I just don't understand how some dude will go playing mario on his psp its stupid especially considering nintendo is keeping the tradition alive for old school gamers like us. Can anyone say Contra 4? Anyhow PSP and all the next gens (including Wii) suck suck suck
    Thanks again Lordus!

well, very constructive I must say!!! HOWEVER, this is a great start, now if only other coders would get on board, I would like to see all the major 8-bits developed and I would like to start a fund for a nice prize for the best emu if WRAGGSTER would sanction it!!
    Last edited by scrabbus; February 8th, 2008 at 21:33. Reason: pressed enter by mistake....

Just want to say that's ****ing stupid to force people to create an account just to download that ****ing file. It makes me lose my time and waste your disk space. Many people just want the file and are never going to post on this ****ing forum. Your registered user database is thus increasing with "fake users" and this waste your disk space for nothing. It's a lose-lose situation.

I would appreciate if you could delete my account. I have plenty of accounts like that just because I'm forced to create one to download small files, and I have millions and millions passwords which I can't manage anymore, and this gets on my nerves. Oh, and I hate forums.

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by jstwanthegenesisemu View Post
    Just want to say that's .....
    Oh, please. Cry me a river. These people are spending large chunks of their free time developing incredible applications which they then offer to you for FREE, and you have the nerve to complain about it because you have to create an account to get them? Oh, boo hoo. If it bothers you so much, just write your own damn programs. Otherwise, show a little respect for the programmers and quit your whining.

DCEmu Newbie

Great job Lordus. I am looking forward to any updates you'll be making. ^_^

DCEmu Newbie

thank you so much

Quote Originally Posted by jstwanthegenesisemu View Post
    Just want to say that's ****ing stupid to force people to create an account just to download that ****ing file. It makes me lose my time and waste your disk space. Many people just want the file and are never going to post on this ****ing forum. Your registered user database is thus increasing with "fake users" and this waste your disk space for nothing. It's a lose-lose situation.

I would appreciate if you could delete my account. I have plenty of accounts like that just because I'm forced to create one to download small files, and I have millions and millions passwords which I can't manage anymore, and this gets on my nerves. Oh, and I hate forums.
    This guy is a total idiot! Just wanting to DL the genesis emu without contrubiting anything to the creator or site in general.. atlease say thanks

Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread Information