Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dark_Alex releases 1.50 kernel add-on for 3.90 M33 (for 1000 series PSPs)

Well, I know that. But the way CaptainMorgan4 worded his answer was weird, so I didn't understand it directly.

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Shrygue View Post
    Dark_Alex has made a 1.50 kernel add-on for custom firmware 3.90 M33, usable for series 1000 PSPs (the big, original ones) making 1.50 homebrew usable again. Readme and instructions below:

150 kernel addon for 3.90 M33 (psp phat only)
    • Copy 150k_addon to /PSP/GAME
    • Get sony 1.50 update and copy it to the root with name “150.PBP”
    • Run the program and done.

Download and leave feedback via comments
    It's been a while since I've been here. Could someone please explain how I would get from custom firmware 3.10 OE-A to this custom firmware version??

Thanks fro replying!

DCEmu Pro

Fast update and good update, as usual.
    I'm still using 3.71 M33-4, because, as a PSP-1004 owner, I don't have use for any of the new features and changes in the last two firmwares.

So, regarding the POPS, it's like this:

POPS will always work from the instant a new custom firmware is installed (unless stated otherwise in the readme). All hacked POPS games you have yourself do work in theory, because it will always use the POPS function integrated and installed in the PSP's flash. You don't need the popsloader plugin enabled or installed for them to run and work perfectly fine.

The popsloader plugin that is likely to be released soon, and that has been released in the past, is merely for using older versions of the popsloader in case any of your custom POPS games have trouble running using the installed custom firmware's internal flash POPS, which they sometimes do if Sony has altered it - for better or for worse.

In other words; if not being able to run one single POPS game on this firmware is your only concern about upgrading and is the only reason you use your PSP: upgrade and try, because it likely will if it has worked on all previous custom firmware, or wait for the new popsloader plugin to be released so you can use an older POPS version to load it instead!

Quote Originally Posted by LilSwish722 View Post
    Well, I know that. But the way CaptainMorgan4 worded his answer was weird, so I didn't understand it directly.
    Yeh, I meant to wait for people to deny/confirm said posts, as blackrave has pretty much just done.

Ok. Thanks Blackrave. That answered my question perfectly

DCEmu Newbie

Get sony 1.50 update and copy it to the root with name “150.PBP”

Where is the "Root" and where to I place the 1.50 update?

The root is the main sector of your memory card, basically put it ALONG with the PSP and MP_ROOT folders.

Well, I was wrong, DAX firmware and 1.50 addon works fine. The problem happens when I flashed the applecore theme that the 1.50 emus didn't work. Is there anything I can do to the theme to fix this?

DCEmu Rookie

Yea...Ive been getting the same problem too..

I just switched to a different theme and it works fine now.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information