Nintendo's bizarre 3DS life sim Tomodachi Collection: New Life will be released in Europe and the US on June 6, the company has announced.

Released only in Japan to date, the Tomodachi Collection series is Nintendo's take on the life simulation genre, much like The Sims, and has reached sales of about 5.5 million units.

Sakamoto on... avoiding Animal Crossing "Although the directions of the games are similar, we didn't receive any influence of input from Animal Crossing. Rather, we intentionally tried to remove their ideas from our heads when developing Tomodachi Life." "We're not saying we do not want to become like Animal Crossing, but we wanted to create a very different sense from that game. If we couldn't do that, I think our original concept would have become vague or deluded. So I told Takahashi-san when developing the game that we should try not to think about or look at Animal Crossing."
SAKAMOTO ON... AVOIDING ANIMAL CROSSING
"Although the directions of the games are similar, we didn't receive any influence of input from Animal Crossing. Rather, we intentionally tried to remove their ideas from our heads when developing Tomodachi Life."

"We're not saying we do not want to become like Animal Crossing, but we wanted to create a very different sense from that game. If we couldn't do that, I think our original concept would have become vague or deluded. So I told Takahashi-san when developing the game that we should try not to think about or look at Animal Crossing."

In it, players become guardians of their Mii characters, ensuring they've got enough friends, food and clothing, and that they're satisfied. As in Animal Crossing, they can also take screenshots of the various encounters their Mii gets up to and share them online.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com...stern-release/