Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Dark Alex's Time Machine - 1.50 Kernal for PSP Slim's

DCEmu Regular

don't forget that the 1.5 kernel can't handle memory cards >4GB. I would think DAX would have taken care of that problem already if he could.

With that in mind... what makes any of you think it would actually use the extra RAM of the slim? The latest homebrew had to be updated to take advantage... it doesn't use the RAM simply because it's there. The only 2 reasons people care about 1.5 is for the IR port (something that simply isn't going to be fixed, unless some hardware company designes a USB IR blaster for PSP, which I wouldn't hold my breath for) and the second reason is all the homebrew that hasn't been updated!

None the less... this is still a very impressive feat. Even for someone who cracks every new firmware that comes out.
    Last edited by urherenow; February 1st, 2008 at 15:49.

Impressive news, that's what we were waiting for so long... can't wait for the release! Great thanks for the amazing work, Dart_AleX and team!

PSP User

I need a new PSP because my old phat got stolen GRRRRRRRRR. I was gonna buy a new phat but maybe I will hold out for this, nice work!

don't forget that the 1.5 kernel can't handle memory cards >4GB. I would think DAX would have taken care of that problem already if he could.
    If you use >4GB card, you just need to install 1.50 kernel apps FIRST (on the first 4Gigs of the MS space) and then you may copy all other stuff (3.XX homebrew and other) to the MS.

Oh man, I did not wanna see this. I'm going to have buy a slim if this gets released. =(
    PSN (PS3/PS4/Vita)/NintendoID - Triv1umx
    Steam - Rjinswand
    Runescape - Rjinswand

DCEmu Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Be3f View Post
    If you use >4GB card, you just need to install 1.50 kernel apps FIRST (on the first 4Gigs of the MS space) and then you may copy all other stuff (3.XX homebrew and other) to the MS.
    This works for some apps but not all. Some 1.5 apps will just error out. Perhaps partially because they report a huge negative number of free space.

So can anyone elaborate to how this 1.5 slim can be put to a custom firmware now with the 1.5 kernal add on, basically so we can play these emulators using the double memory.

DCEmu Rookie

people could make the games work under 1.5 for the slim but it will probly take alot of work between the custom firmwares and program makers as 1.5 never had the ram so the firmware wont register it without some intensive programming telling it other wise but this would be simmilar to takeing the mem card limit out of a firmware.

DCEmu Newbie

Question

i havent used 1.5 since before slim came out. so help me out here
    i used to really want this, but now that its almost here i ask what is the real point?

what with 3.71m33 and 3.80m33... i like some of the features it already has, plus with not being able to load certain umd directly (tho im sure theres a way around this) id much rather have m33+1.50 or even m33 than simply 1.50. what exactly would be so much better with 1.50? what are we missing (besides IR)

and how is this double memory thing you guys are talking about work?

Coolie4 - Im sure that 4.00m33 will have 1.50 support for Slim. Im sure its still being tested.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information