Thread: PSPMud v0.1.1

Blog Entries

psp PSPMud v0.1.1

News/release from Eelim:

Hi,

PSPMud is a mud client for the psp, based on Danzel's Peldet 0.8

use D-Pad for basic movement (North, East, South and West)
    Square = Enter Key (needed for scrolling pages)
    Circle = OSK for entering your commands

you can connect to servers either by manually entering their address, or by entering them into the provided servers.txt, so you only have to choose them at programm startup.

more features in upcoming versions

PSPMud is compiled for Kernel 3.x

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments
    via eelim

DCEmu Newbie

This is pretty sweet but i think i can safely say that almost nobody MUD's anymore. Those were the days though.....

DCEmu Newbie

Looks interesting. Thanks. Gonna let my 11 yo try dforces.net. He's big into Star Wars and has been bugging me to try an online game. This may be just the ticket.

And now it'll be portable!

never heard of MUD before, looks like a is a hit from the past.

good work, i'm sure some people will find this useful.

DCEmu Newbie

Default Scrolling?

Eelim, would it be possible to use the nub to scroll up and down through the screen? In trying to see the map in Dark Forces, most of it scrolls past the top of the screen, seeming lost forever. Makes it a bit hard to navigate.

Thanks for your efforts. :thumbup:

DCEmu Newbie

For some reason, when i start it up there says there are no network connections set up and to check network options, but i do, in fact have networks in my network list.

MUD is a multi user dungeon. its like dungeon seige in text. for those of us that grew up before the internet, when BBS was the big thing, muds and moos were the best thing around.

MOOs are typically more roleplay oriented, MUDs are more hack and slash, but there are exceptions in each catagory.

If you're tired of running around fighting the same old monsters so you can get the .ooo5% drop and have the best gear only to get ganked by a twinker whos' been shadowing you thru the entire dungeon, perhaps you'd like a change of pace.

Try some real heart thumping Role Play and know what it is to be afraid.

www.sindome.org

DCEmu Newbie

hahaha....i suspect BigZig.....stopped to look around the Mud scene.
    Mud Worlds today are as prosperous as they were five or ten years ago.
    As the definition of wikipedia says:
    "In computer gaming, a MUD (Multi-User Dungeon, Domain or Dimension) is a multi-player computer game that combines elements of role-playing games, hack and slash style computer games and social chat rooms. Typically running on an Internet server or bulletin board system, the game is usually text-driven, where players read descriptions of rooms, objects, events, other characters, and computer-controlled creatures or non-player characters (NPCs) in a virtual world. Players usually interact with each other and the surroundings by typing commands that resemble a natural language, usually English"
    Today there are muds with every historical period enviroment, horror and science fiction muds, star trek, star wars or tolkien ones...Muds about the Pokemon or Digimon universe...think about an argument and you will surely find a Mud about it.Mud is not a simple chat.It's a chat inside a game where each one of the gamers has to accomplish precise purposes and objectives:

MUDCONNECT is one of the oldest portals about Muds.
    There are reviews, Mud Database searchable by category and argoments.
    Thanks a lot for this release Eelim i was waiting a Mud client for psp since long time!.
    Last edited by masso4321; February 12th, 2008 at 23:28.

Thread Information