Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Possible v2.0 Homebrew Hack

Blog Entries

Default Possible v2.0 Homebrew Hack

Pikoro of PSPHacks wrote this

Well, I must say, the email and subsequent files that I received have been pretty convincing.

Let me cut right to the email:
    ---------------------------------------------------

As you know homebrews do not work on 2.00 or 1.51 or 1.52.

If you place a homebrew on a 2.00 PSP it wont run says corrupt data.
    I have made a homebrew that will go past that. it will actually stat loading up. Just with the PSP screen coming up and the music playing. The game is PSP tic tac toe. I want my named mentioned as I am register with you guys, My name is realritzcracker, ritzcracker, canesfan08. You are the first with this breaking news. so i would appreciate you to list my name by the download like with all your other members.

This 2.00 homebrew was made by realritzcracker ritzcracker and canesfan08. This program is only for 2.00 owners.

This homebrew will read as a update to 2.10. which is not real and the foler is named update cause UPDATE is the only folder the 2.00 psp will read as not corrupt and it has to be named as This homebrew was made by realritzcracker aka dico aka canesfan08 aka ritzcracker aka crisco
    this will not update you psp this is for 2.00 version psp only. The 2.00 psp will only read the file UPDATE as not corrupt any other file name in the game folder will read as corrupt. That is why the folder is named UPDATE and the security of the 2.00 psp will only read updates. and the updates have to be higher then 2.00 so that is why it reads as psp version update 2.10 which is fake. This will not update your psp. This is only for 2.00 psp. I'm not responsible for your psp breaking. this is not a update and is only for 2.00 pspa update to not be corrupt. I also have a video of this working in the video you can see me filming with my bad digital camera showing you the version 2.00 the wallpaper function and the web browser the me going to the game file and running the homebrew ill send three emails one with eboot one with video one with read me
    --------------------------

Sound fishy?

Did to me. However, czech out the following video:

http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/files/v2.0homebrewvid.zip

Look pretty convincing?

Yah. I thought so too.

So, here's the EBOOT:

http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/files/UPDATE.zip

Skeptics: I have personally tested this eboot and it WILL NOT HARM YOUR PSP.

Just remember, the program does not load, however, it will get past the "corrupt data" prompt. Always a first step has to be taken, and it looks like this is it.

I have just gotten an update, realritzcracker has told me that he hopes to be able to get the actual data.psp file to load soon. It is a work in progress.

Remeber.. you heard it here first.

Cheers

so is it true ?

get trying and get back to us on this for all versions that it didnt work on before ??

WOW this is BIG news I guess!

Is it a first step to homebrew on v2.00? We can only hope.

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by parabolee
    WOW this is BIG news I guess!

Is it a first step to homebrew on v2.00? We can only hope.
    not sure how wise it was to release this before the north american v2.0 update... :\

Quote Originally Posted by plonk420
    not sure how wise it was to release this before the north american v2.0 update... :\
    I think the US 2.0 will be differant.

Think about it- all the consoles hardware are IDENTICLE and yet sony claims that all US psps should be updated with the US 2.0 firmware... most likely they already discovered this hole. This probably is only going to work for JAP 2.0 Firmware anyway.

Blog Entries

so who has a v2.0

anyone try it and infact if you do try some games in it

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by wraggster
    PSP Hacks are the true source of this news not any other site but heres what pikoro the webmaster wrote:
    Just wanted to clarify on this little blurb (i have 4 emails from the guy btw):

To: [email protected]
    Cc: [email protected]
    Subject: 2.00 homebrews and downgrader

"i think i have recently figured out how to run a downgrade and homebrews on 2.00 but i don't want to break my psp. I need a psp to test it. I can prove it. But i dont wont anyone taking my idea and saying they were the first to hack 2.00 but. i ve gotten a homebrew past the data corrupt message. but i turn my psp off before anything loads so it doesn't break. if you can swear you wont steal my idea and you have a psp too test me and psp updates will be famous for hacking 2.00 please replie

this is not a joke please help"

----
    To: [email protected]
    Cc: [email protected]
    Subject: 2.0 homebrews 3 emails

"As you know homebrews do not work on 2.00 or 1.51 or 1.52. If you place a homebrew on a 2.00 PSP it wont run says corrupt data. I have made a homebrew that will go past that. it will actually stat loading up. Just with the PSP screen coming up and the music playing...."

----

I can put up the other 2 emails if you like but theyre basically the same thing, just different attachments. So as you can see it IS possible for people to email other sites with 'news.' Just wanted to point that out

Edit: edit'ed out CaNeSFaN08's email address.

Good news - even if it doesn't work completely hopefully it will generate enough interest for people to continue with this project.

PS3 User

Just hope this doesnt generate to much news really fast that sony would do anything about it if they found out before the firmware update does come out here. I dont think its going to be much different then the Japanese update except for other things that supposedly the japanese one will have that we wont like that tv programs and movie download feature so there probably changing that feature before our release but as for security itll probably be the same, at least thats what I think. Hope this will work out since I really want the 2.0 upgrade but wont part with it for my emus! Great find!

DCEmu Newbie

Ok. Well i tried download the .ZIP file supposetly EBOOT in it but the .ZIP file won't for x reason. I suppose this is just not real. Maybe it is...but hopefully we will get one that will work great. Lets wait and see.

The .zip file works fine. Try again .

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information