Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Running Emulation and Homebrew FAQ

PSPMame hasnt been updated in quite some time. You are probably having problems running "XXXX" game, and it IS on the list of games when running PSPMame. The answer is pretty simple. Only a few games on that list actually work. If you have the proper dumps, and it isnt working, then it isnt going to work until PSPMame is updated.

Kaiser,
    I too have been gone for a good bit. I have some guides you can add in your FAQ. As soon as they are up, I'll PM you the post links to be added.

Now with Blast Processing! Kaiser's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Thanks again F34R I put a slot on the first post for your new guide. I might get around to writing a new portion for running homebrew on v2.0. I'm gonna experiment on my friends PSP (v2.0) for awhile as well. Between school and work though I'm pretty thin on time. Even as I type this I should be writing a history essay as its 11:00 a.m. here and I got to get to school in eight hours.

More updates on the way people I'll try to structure the first few posts into a library. Feel free people to contact me to throw a link in here for your guide. Since this thread is updated on a regular basis your guide won't be lost to time.

Goodnight

RIN Guide about to be posted as well.

**UPDATED **

Here is the RIN guide.
    http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=73217

Blog Entries

*updated (added F34R's latest)*

I started on a 2.0 guide and I'll throw it on here as soon as I finish it and have done some revisions.

Quote Originally Posted by F34R
    ... you can add me on MSN Messenger if you like. ([email protected])
    ** I do NOT check this email address **
    Hahaha

I have a nice PSPGenesis guide coming tomorrow.

er.. wasnt this a sticky? Im going to re-sticky it.. Hope I dont get in trouble
    I am going to delete some of the useless posts though.. this is a great FAQ thread . I only deleted stuff that was either dumb or out of date... and a post with someone calling someone else a $#@!punch... which was pretty damn funny. please continue your FAQ though.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by F34R
    I have a nice PSPGenesis guide coming tomorrow.
    Excellent thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by 1timeuser
    er.. wasnt this a sticky? Im going to re-sticky it.. Hope I dont get in trouble
    I am going to delete some of the useless posts though.. this is a great FAQ thread . I only deleted stuff that was either dumb or out of date... and a post with someone calling someone else a $#@!punch... which was pretty damn funny. please continue your FAQ though.
    Thanks

It was never a sticky by the way. Also thanks for clearing out those posts. It gives me more space to work with.

*UPDATE*
    I put up an eboot loader section on the third post. Seems dcemu has some bad blood with a particlular site the readme points to. No doubt because of that sites particular policies and support of warez. Whatever, check the files readme file if you really must go to see that site. But I'd suggest staying away from it.

The PSP Genesis guide is pretty much complete. Just a few proofing steps, then a quick format change, and it'll be posted. Tomorrow at the latest.. Guaranteed.

Blog Entries

I think after we finish those emulation guides we'll be pretty much done until a new exploit is discovered. I'd like to add many more sub-guides to it but I'm not really sure what else to write up. Any suggestions?

I don't know if stustaff has had his question answered, but i think i can help him. I have snestyl v.2c and when i first tried to put the roms right into the tyl folder right after extracting etc. What i found to work was to create a subfolder within the tyl folder. I named it ROMS just b/c. when u first open the emulator on the psp, you are given a directory. Make sure it's examining the right folder. if u have created this subfolder, opened it only to find no working roms. I also opened the rom zips and copied the .SMC files into my rom folder. today, all smc files i have played on my ZSNES have worked well on my psp. i hope this helps you, but one good rule of thumb is always search in depth upon the forums.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information