Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: .wmv on psp?

Default .wmv on psp?

i know the psp doesnt currently play wmv but is there a way to MAKE it play wmv though. the internal player must have a mp4 codec right? so can you flash a wmv, divx, etc. codec into it, like PSPersonalize does with the wallpaper? or maybe make a player to play wmv. if any of these are possibilities please post a link or something to a place i can read up on psp coding, because mp4 files are WAY bigger than wmv files, and my memory card only has 256mb of space, which most of it is comprised of emus. and to delete 100mb of roms and emus only to watch 1 20 minute video sucks. 20minutes of wmv=36mb, 20minutes of mp4=100mb if it is possible anyone else please take a stab at it too.

DCEmu Newbie

you can just make a crappy quality 20 minute mp4 and it'll be 36mb.

DCEmu Regular

I beleive I use the 2-2.5 hour Anime preset on PSPVideo 9 with the sound cranked all the way up to encode my videos seems to be the best quality/size ratio IMHO

DCEmu Rookie

hmm maybe there is a program that converts wmv to avi in which it can then be converted to mp4.

Now with Blast Processing! Kaiser's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Valiant
    hmm maybe there is a program that converts wmv to avi in which it can then be converted to mp4.
    Yes there are tons of video and audio format converters out there, google it.

PSP Coder

Most of my por...music videos are in WMV format, and my PC must suck or something, because it takes forever to convert vids...

By the way, I'm not sure if I'm 100% correct when I say this, but I recall hearing someone say that WMV wouldn't be possible, or would be too tough to be able to play on the PSP.

It's just that WMV is kind of a sucky format. MP4's don't have to be bigger than WMV's. It's a matter of quality:size ratio. As far as converter's for your po...Music Video's i recomend
    http://www.videohelp.com/tools?tools...+or+List+tools
    Let us know if you find a good one. I have downloaded one called something like wmv2avi before and when you try to convert it literally says "It is illegal to convert WMV to other formats". Have fun

Cool

Doesn't PSP VIdeo 9 Work? WMV is listed as one of the supported file types. Personally I don't have many WMV files so I really don't have alot of knowlege on the subject.

i tried using pspvideo9 to convert the official advent children trailer and everytime id try and watch it, it would say in some part of the video that the psp cannot play it. i dont care about A++++++++++++ quality, all i wanna do is click the file and drag it over to my psp, then watch it, converting this crap, is well...crap. why did sony not include other codecs?

Cool

Well see if you had said what it was in the first place ...I've had that file on my HDD for months...the original trailer with Japanese dialog from gamespot that is....11.5 MB just go get it from my site (link in sig)

Second Trailer is now converted and up there too

Enjoy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information