Thread: Is xbox360 the smarter buy?

Default Is xbox360 the smarter buy?

Hey guys I really need some help here! I have just seen the HD xbox 360 trailers and they look great! I really want a PS3 but I am wondering if the wait and price will be worth it? I am wondering if the 360 is even with PS3 at all?

IMO, 360 looks and sounds better, and they've announced alot of support, plus its out sooner. I'll be getting a 360 and a Revolution, i think i'll give sony a miss this generation.

DCEmu Newbie

Imma Pc gamer myself but that X-box 360 is the best bang for your buck.

gimpyjr, it is too soon to tell which will be the best. It can be reasonably said that the next generation of consoles WILL be the first to surpass the PC on all levels. Let's hope that that Microsoft and Sony include the bits that were left out of the current generation (Quality peripherals inc. MICE, true VGA & HiDef outputs etc)

The Xbox will carry on as the flagship of the current generation, will it be able to make the next step? I have seen the demos of the 360 and they are very impressive. It makes my mouth water... it will break the bank as well because I now must get a large HD-TV just to get the benefits.

The Playstation will sell by the bucket and will have the most easily recognised titles... Gran Turismo, Metal Gear etc. I have seen the "Tech Demos" but that is all. So far Sony have been very quiet when producing the goods. It has been all talk from the marketing department. This spiel is the same as the marketing for the PS2 and in my opinion when the PS2 was released the Dreamcast was a far better machine. It took over a year before one good game was released.

In comparison the xbox had 3 good launch titles and it is this 3rd Party support support that will differentiate between them. Microsoft have been very active in chasing the best games studios... Rare, Digital Illusions, the development of companies like Bungie and MS has gained close ties with Sony's stable mates Namco (Ridge Racer 6?) and Bizarre Creations (part of the former company called Psygnosis which Sony owned). These could be the unknown factors that turn the next-gen war as Bungie's Halo stopped the Xbox from falling flat on its face.

Each machine will have its exclusives and I am in no doubt that the PS3 will have the greatest number of titles specifically for that platform (ie not prev-gen games), but this will also have the largest amount of drivel (PC not included). To prove it just look at the PS1 and PS2 back catalogue.

I have said to my friends for over a year that due to the closeness in hardware between the 360 and the Revolution, that Nintendo would "give in" and develop games for Microsoft. Think about that for a moment, that is one over Sony. It would be a much stronger and formidable force than the Sega/Sammy/SNK/Capcom collaboration of a few years ago.

As for Nintendo Revolution... Tetris or "Mario Game & Watch" anbody?

I am not going to choose between the machines until they are available and I have had a chance to personally go over them... I don't believe that they will be too different from a "specifications list" point of view. Remember it is the software that makes the console enjoyable at the end of the day so this is the MOST IMPORTANT factor. Ninty's fans will agree with this to excuse why people buy Nintendo, but in all truth it is QUALITY AND QUANTITY is required and this combination might just fall in Microsoft's favour.

I have all the current consoles and know the pros and cons of each of them, I don't think that I will be purchasing more than one of the next lot. What will be the deciding factor Tekken 6, Time Crisis (4) & GT5 or Halo 3 & XSN sports range?

marc is right here. I think its way too early to make a decision. Currently, it does seem absolutly amazing, but no one really knows what the PS3 will have to offer.

plus gimpyjr... I thought I would never see the day you would say somthing NICE about the xbox360 XD

Neither did I :-)

I really wanted a 360, but then e3 came and shattered my hopes for 360.

But it could be worth it, if cool games keep being announced!

Besides you gotta admit that microsoft had a few big blunders in the marketing campaign so that made me worry!

My biggest concern is still the disc format though. How will it keep up with BLU-RAY

Thread Information