Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If sony released a legit way to play homebrew...

Default If sony released a legit way to play homebrew...

Ok what do you guys think would be some good ways for sony to release a way to play homebrew on your psp without destroying the psp?

I propose an OS , or launcher on a umd in order to run those appz and control certain access to psp functions. In order to stop the pirating scene and promote the self designed programs!

Maybe charge a bunch of money for it and release some xtra components or periphrials, like a keybord or something. Or even some kind of usb dongle to make it harder to crack!

Sony's worst and only option was removing homebrew from the console.

I haven't played any system as much as I do my PSP and it's all because of the homebrewed apps. I am awaiting in fear untill the day I have worn out my psp and am forced to use an updated bios...

That would indeed be great! A UMD that allowed for booting homebrew applications. It would sale well too.. its not going to happen... but its a nice thought

DCEmu Newbie

A USB Dongle that stops piracy? WTF are you smoking kid?

whats a USB dongle?

edit: nvm i found out...dongle.... why would anyone call it a 'dongle' it sounds like slang for 'dildo' a usb dildo i mean it would be sticking out of the handheld device like a......

Quote Originally Posted by Omoikane
    whats a USB dongle?

edit: nvm i found out...dongle.... why would anyone call it a 'dongle' it sounds like slang for 'dildo' a usb dildo i mean it would be sticking out of the handheld device like a......
    I bet that would sale well too.

DCEmu Newbie

In spite of the many legal applications of homebrew, all sony would be concerned with would be the illegal applications of any program and their liabilibty propably.

Lol the only time I have ever heard of a dongle, is when I added an ethernet PC card to my laptop, and it was funny then too.

DCEmu Newbie

I have no idea what a dongle is, and I'm scared to enter it in Google image search.

I've heard rumors of Game Shark coming out on PSP. If this is true, perhaps someone could code a code (alliteration) that would execute code off of the memory stick.

well, i believe its either already out or is well on its way.. im not sure where i read that though...

edit: nvm, its just action replays worthless crap.

Wow, I admire your optimism, Rock_Light.

I suppose it would be easier if they used a specific memory card. You may have seen it before, but the "Flash Advance" cartridge for the GBA worked very well for emulating GBA and GB games, I wonder if something like this is possible on the PSP...

Someone would practically have to hook a USB onto a UMD, or use a memory disc that bypassed the security somehow, I know this sounds crazy(and it is) but I am going to follow along with your optimistic attitude.

-James

i think the best option is a pirate firmware
    maybe if the firmware was downloadable after payment, and u can have all the next versions for free, if u bought one, then it would work really fine

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information