The main concerns with Google’s wearable tech remain about privacy.
Google Glass went on general sale yesterday for one day only – however amongst the approximate 70 per cent of people that were unaware of what it was, this probably didn’t get their techie taste buds tingling as much as Google Would’ve liked.
Only 12 per cent of respondents reckoned they knew a lot about the device, and 20 per cent said they’d heard of it but knew little about it, reveals Gorkana Group.
47 per cent think that the wearable tech will raise privacy concerns, and 20 per cent even say it should be banned in public places.
Jeremy Thompson, CEO of Gorkana Group, commented: “The data clearly shows that Google Glass has a long way to go in gaining wide appeal in the UK.
“A significant majority have concerns about privacy, which certainly suggests that education about the product is going to be as important as they technology features.”
LoveMyVouchers.co.uk revealed that 68 per cent of people were too ashamed to wear Google Glass – and I have to say I am with them. It looks… Silly.
Plus I would feel just as comfortable talking to someone directly who was wearing the device, as I would if they were shoving their smartphone aggressively into my face whilst conversing.

http://www.mobile-ent.biz/industry/m...e-glass/043403