Thread: xbox mod's, what do i need

Default xbox mod's, what do i need

i just bought a xbox about a month ago and a friend told me about getting it modified. i am new to this and was wondering if it is a fairly simple job and what would i need. my box has not been touched and just wandering what would it take to do the job. my friend said he know's a guy who does it for about $140.00 with a 80 gig hd and added about 30 games. would it be better to get him to do it or do it myself?

Default Re: xbox mod's, what do i need

i have no clue but remember reading the rules before posting and i know you havent said anything illegal yet but this was just put in do to one part that could do with illegal talk 80 gig hd and added about 30 games

Eric

there is nothing wrong with putting your own games on the xbox's hardrive. for highquality hacks youll want a chip. i liked my x ecuter 2.2 lite

your better off looking at the tutorials on www.xbox-scene.com

another thing once you get a bios that works DONT CHANGE IT NO MATTER WHAT PEOPLE SAY!!! ITS RISKY!!!

i am going to miss the little guy *sniffle*

DCEmu Coder

??? while I've never seen a commercial modchip up close for the xbox.. it's just a bios replacement.. shouldn't you be able to boot with it off toggle it on after you boot, and do one of those bypass (audio etc..) hacks to get it up and going to flash properly again?

no.... its dead... its depressing i dont want to think about it. *:'( . if anyone knows how to fix it id really appreciate it.

first off I need to get into the xbox's hardrive and change the dashboard back to its origonal. without the origonal xboxdash.xbe or whatever it's called it wont boot properly.

at least then my other xbox will work. also i desperatly need another powersupply because my old one blew.

because there is no more room for another bios - i would have to erase the old one and get it back to boot the cromwell linux bios set up screen.

then i can flash a bios. the only thing i dont really know how to do is erase my old one on the chip.

DCEmu Pro

Does the serial flasher not work with that model? That lets you just flash the BIOS using your PC?

thanks for the input guys, but stilll my question is "can is should i do this myself, and id yes then what exactly do i need to buy to do it?"

Thread Information