Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Golden Axe Remake DC

Dreamcast Golden Axe Remake DC

I've uploaded a fully tested and working Dreamcast version of Golden Axe Remake to DCEvolution.net:

It's a full remake and enhanced version of the arcade game - Golden Axe.

This game was initially made for Windows by Chinese OpenBoR coder utunnels. I merely did a huge part of the RAM related optimizations for the Dreamcast port and also recorded the music modes.

utunnels helped a great deal with the Dreamcast version too. He vastly optimized the script language in OpenBoR and did many other engine related code optimizations to allow the game to run on the Dreamcast's 200Mhz CPU and 16Mbyte RAM. (In the future we will use the DC's 8Mbyte Video RAM and 2 Mbyte Sound RAM too! )

-DOWNLOAD HERE-

Enjoy!

Source: DCEvolution.net & LavaLit.com
    Last edited by Christuserloeser; February 11th, 2008 at 09:23.

Wow this is awesome! It seems to happen alot that coders don't take advantage of the dedicated video and audio ram the Dreamcast has. Is it really hard to code on it? Or are people unaware of it? It seems like if optimization was done on those modules, thing's like the recently released N64 emulator and the Saturn emulator would run better.

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Elven6 View Post
    It seems like if optimization was done on those modules, thing's like the recently released N64 emulator and the Saturn emulator would run better.
    or the big neo geo roms

nice work thanks !!!

DCEmu Regular

I downloaded it twice and both times the .RAR file was broken
    Did it happen to anyone else?

DCEmu Newbie

it's the same thing for me...

DCEmu Newbie

A Belled Sexton Modded Guy Nun Lately Creeps

sorry, too much time spent on the anagram server......

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Elven6 View Post
    Wow this is awesome! It seems to happen alot that coders don't take advantage of the dedicated video and audio ram the Dreamcast has. Is it really hard to code on it? Or are people unaware of it? It seems like if optimization was done on those modules, thing's like the recently released N64 emulator and the Saturn emulator would run better.
    MAME4ALL use it, AES4ALL also, but you have to point to it, because functions like malloc just work in the main 16 mb of ram. The source of mame4all for example use the video ram with a pointer for some games (cps1, tmnt).

I think that n64 emu needs a good recompiler, a fast pvr module and some asm functions that take advantage of the sh4 float instructions. In DC all the memory can be accessed directly (RAM, VIDEO, SOUND) so you have more than 16 mb of ram, but also you have a fast CPU that make FLOPS 3 times faster than a pentium 2, but is 3 times slower than it in "normal" instructions. And the PVR is really fast, but seems like nobody use it at his maximum power.

Those screen shots look lush!

The archive is corrupted.
    It does not unpack.
    Could again upload?

thanks
    fuy...

I've noticed the problems but couldn't find a solution yet. All the attempts to upload the game again gave me the same results...

I will try to upload it to Dreamcast-Scene.com to see if it is a problem with DCEvolution or if it's my ISP.
    Last edited by Christuserloeser; February 13th, 2008 at 09:32.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information