Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Has Piracy and the Reporting of it on Scene sites Put off Coders ?

Blog Entries

Default Has Piracy and the Reporting of it on Scene sites Put off Coders ?

Im sure im not the only one who has noticed this but since the Piracy Loaders etc have been released we have seen a massive drop in releases from our friends over in Japan, i was told that certain coders dont want their releases posted near any Warez news so have the sites that post our Emulation and Homebrew news as well as Piracy news caused a major downturn in releases from the Japanese PSP Community?

Whatever the case may be we thank all those like Mr Mirakichi, Ruka, KMG. TMK and the rest of them for the early work in the PSP scene and hope they arent put off by the warez news.

The real Emulation and Homebrew scene doesnt post warez news, stick to PSP Emulation News, Emuholic and PDroms.de for your fix of PSP news.

That's a pretty big assumption... Got any evidence to back that up?

DCEmu Newbie

Well, it could be that, I wouldn't be suprised at all. Not much can be done about the piracy without also bringing down the homebrew community, unfortunately (e.g. 2.00 firmware).

The one thing that I will say for the more illicit PSP activities and sites is that those same people are the ones who are doing to most f'ng around with the PSP to eventually get homebrew working on newer firmwares, and also to potentially find work-arounds so that those with 1.5s and 1.0s can play newer games without upgrading the firmware. Other than that, yeah, I wish piracy wasn't so prominent as well.

DCEmu Newbie

I would also like to point out that piracy programs like Hook Boot and fastloader are being posted on the Japanese wiki's as well. Maybe that could be why authors are seperating themselves from the wiki's and keeping to their own page.

http://pspwiki.ddo.jp/uploader5/

DCEmu Newbie

Perhaps they have reached limits with the psp and are now studying methods in which to utilize memory sticks for virtual-memory or perhaps attacking firmware 2.0 as it is the most content-rich firmware upgrade to date thus being worth the effort.

Quote Originally Posted by thedan
    I would also like to point out that piracy programs like Hook Boot and fastloader are being posted on the Japanese wiki's as well. Maybe that could be why authors are seperating themselves from the wiki's and keeping to their own page.

http://pspwiki.ddo.jp/uploader5/
    mmm. could be . It isnt that the scene is dieing out... but some more valuable coders have gone missing, and this could very well be why.

"If you have the power to do it, it would be crazy not to try"- Full Metal Alchemist
    Coders can desing ANYTHING nowadays, Good or bad, its Unfortunate, that there are ppl releasing loaders. I personaly wouldnt have anything against it, (Hey its free for me in the end) but you do need realize that developers would lose money, (commmon response is "Well They have more than I do" and it justifies it somewhat (so we think). We start seeing the corporations coming up with anti-homebrew firmware updates, and its unfair that because of some idiots, it degrades everyone elses hard work... Realy cant stop the Illigal type of homebrew, I would keep that at an IRC level, instead of making it WIDELY public.

Blog Entries

its very disturbing, a lot of sites have jumped on the PSP bandswagon the last few months and those same sites are posting emu and warez news together and what they are doing is giving Sony and others the ammo to have a real go at the homebrew and emulation scene .

btw the scene has a whole has only touched the tip of what the PSP can be pushed to, in a years time all whats done now will not compare to then.

Quote Originally Posted by wraggster
    its very disturbing, a lot of sites have jumped on the PSP bandswagon the last few months and those same sites are posting emu and warez news together and what they are doing is giving Sony and others the ammo to have a real go at the homebrew and emulation scene .

btw the scene has a whole has only touched the tip of what the PSP can be pushed to, in a years time all whats done now will not compare to then.
    yes, but think about what might have been acomplished without all the updates.

I cant say for a fact that SONY updated the firmware just to prevent the exploits of loading unsigned code on their machine. But if that be the case (and it probably has at least something to do with it) think about all the would be coders that never got a chance to try thanks to these updates.

Dont hate sony for their updates.. hate lame ass teams like WAB and all the other loader groups, as well as the stupid sites that brown nose them and report every detail about their releases.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information