The problem with Internet today is so easy to spread misinformation

Sadly the recent breaking news story of the Xbox One console being hacked already to run 'homebrew' was FALSE and full of 'misinformation' and many scene sites have posted even more misinformation

Recently, we posted an Xbox One Hacking story which we found on another normally good news site, but we quickly pulled it after we check the original sources and people involved and found it to be filled with misinformation and false facts in regard to the XB1 console and exploit.

Here is a recent forum post made by one of those mentioned on the 'other sites' that was quoted in the chat log out of context:

Since the original site posted the pastebin of supposed conversation from #xbonehack of efnet of me talking about the implied acquisition of private keys I have tried as hard as possible to get that site, along with others to remove the rumors. As you might have seen, others had confirmed this conversation did not exist in said channel.

I feel it is necessary now to post that the information in those logs was in fact misinformation, unfortunately out of context and misleading.

There is no current xbone exploit, or keys found, or anything that I am aware of.

Please disregard all rumors regarding this information. I am politely asking all sites who have posted these rumors to please remove the news posts as the information is false.

We agree with the above poster, and hope other sites reading this will add an disclaimer to their Xbox One Hacking Story or remove it totally, and help stop spreading more misinformation on the Internet, just because one site quotes the other does not make it true!

http://www.xbox-scene.com/xbox1data/...uyyeLvxebi.php