Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: single arcade

DCEmu Newbie

Default single arcade

Helo i have tryed out some of the single arcade games. such as 1941, bubble bobble and wonderboy and they where graet.
    But when i try to load street fighter 2 and wonderboy it doesn't seem to work. It just says "loading" and then it returns to main menu.
    Does anyone know exactly which rom versions i have to use?

Dream Coder

Default Re: single arcade

.37 MAME version roms. Get MAME .37 for the PC and if the roms work with that, then they will work on the DC version.
    If anyone is looking to buy, sell, trade games and support a developer directly at the same time, consider joining Goozex. Enjoy!

DCEmu Regular

Why do we still use primitive methods like that?
    Only neogeo and arcade systems look for names. Its rather stupid you should be able to name it anything just like neoragex and it should just load it.
    I cant believe people still use bad coding like that.

Dream Coder

look ass, if you want to re-port MAME AND increase speed, be my guest. Right now MAME .72 (which is the most recently ported version) is too slow for these SGA's, and .37 (the previous version that was ported) is problematic because of things like the old type roms.

unless you want to do something about it, i wouldnt be insulting people left and right (not only Ian who made the SGAs, but warmtoe and James Surine (who both worked at porting MAME to the dreamcast, which by the way is the ONLY legal console port of MAME recognized by the MAME team), and the entire MAME team and those who contributed to it as well.
    If anyone is looking to buy, sell, trade games and support a developer directly at the same time, consider joining Goozex. Enjoy!

DCEmu Coder

[quote author=Hola link=board=help;num=1092056156;start=0#2 date=08/09/04 at 15:35:43]Why do we still use primitive methods like that?
    Only neogeo and arcade systems look for names. Its rather stupid you should be able to name it anything just like neoragex and it should just load it.
    I cant believe people still use bad coding like that.[/quote]

Role reversal...I'll take the other approach this time..

I've got a board here there's 32 eproms, and 6 proms.. I've dumped them into binary files.. can you tell which one is which? now I have over 100000 of them.. they're all named randomly, can you tell which game they came from?

If you can then please post an algo. that takes less then a few months to execute..

[quote author=Hola link=board=help;num=1092056156;start=0#2 date=08/09/04 at 15:35:43]Why do we still use primitive methods like that?
    I cant believe people still use bad coding like that.[/quote]

you have so much time for finding fault with.... everything, how about you make your own mame emulator wise ass. Normaly i wouldnt just out with that, but your problems with just about EVERYTHING is really getting old.

Dream Coder

I think these forums have their first official, known troll (who is actually on topic =P)

I have to come in here again from his other post and agree with quzar and 1timeuser. He is starting to really pee me off.

DCEmu Regular

I'm not insulting the porters at all. I'm saying the way mame goes about things is primitive and no other emulators do it. If you had to have the correctly named rom for every snes game you have i'm sure you'd see 1000's of post over at snes9x or zsnes saying wtf doesnt this work and blah this. I think the way Zsnes goes about it is best. It just checksums it and if it passes it loads. It doesnt care what game it is or anything. Neorage X does this too.
    I never understood how this whole correct name system cought on at all and was a rather bad idea.

Dream Coder

[quote author=Hola link=board=help;num=1092056156;start=0#8 date=08/10/04 at 11:15:57]I'm not insulting the porters at all. I'm saying the way mame goes about things is primitive and no other emulators do it. If you had to have the correctly named rom for every snes game you have i'm sure you'd see 1000's of post over at snes9x or zsnes saying wtf doesnt this work and blah this. *I think the way Zsnes goes about it is best. It just checksums it and if it passes it loads. It doesnt care what game it is or anything. Neorage X does this too.
    I never understood how this whole correct name system cought on at all and was a rather bad idea.[/quote]

Its only a bad idea if you dont know how it works.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information