Thread: Help, wierd tiles

DCEmu Newbie

Default Help, wierd tiles

Hi everyone:
    I was wondering if you guys can help me on this one:
    I used maps downloaded from google ever since I knew mapThis. It worked great.

A few days ago, I downloaded maps from another site and it turned out map tiles have wierd strips of random pixels in between them, on the grids.

After some investigation, I highly suspect that this was because that usually the map tiles we download are 256x256 png files. However, tiles from this site are 200x200 in dimension. mapThis expected them to be 256x256 tiles, but they are not, so it filled the 56 pixels between them with some wierd stuff.

So my question is, assuming my suspect is right, how can I make mapThis to adapt non-256x256 map files?

Quote Originally Posted by flatcoke View Post
    Hi everyone:
    I was wondering if you guys can help me on this one:
    I used maps downloaded from google ever since I knew mapThis. It worked great.

A few days ago, I downloaded maps from another site and it turned out map tiles have wierd strips of random pixels in between them, on the grids.

After some investigation, I highly suspect that this was because that usually the map tiles we download are 256x256 png files. However, tiles from this site are 200x200 in dimension. mapThis expected them to be 256x256 tiles, but they are not, so it filled the 56 pixels between them with some wierd stuff.

So my question is, assuming my suspect is right, how can I make mapThis to adapt non-256x256 map files?
    you cant

if you do resize the images

im guessing they are gonna be all stretched and distorted

thats only a guess, i could be wrong though

DCEmu Newbie

yes, I just tired that. The map looked *okay* now, but I'm wondering if GPS will be messed up or not...
    I haven't got a chance to try.

Thread Information