Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Have you been Scammed By Free PSP/Ipod/Xbox360 etc Sites

Blog Entries

Default Have you been Scammed By Free PSP/Ipod/Xbox360 etc Sites

The internet is now a place that has born a new menace that the Legal system needs to address, theres been a steady growth in the rise of sites that are riping people off claiming you can get FREE PSPS and Ipods etc but in reality you are on a Pyramid scheme and maybe one or two will get lucky after the signing up but in reality a lot of you will never get anything and pay a major amount more than the cost of the PSP etc.

These people are basically using those who are too poor or who dont read every single bit of legal information that they sign up to.

Im sure you know that one PSP scene site has shamelessly opened a FREE PSP site which its members and indeed its very own unpaid forum staff are having to put up with all in the name of the site needs more cash to pay its staff etc.

If Free psps and ipods were so easy to get and a painless journey i myself would post how to do it and help all those who cant afford to buy one for whatever reason.

SO what im saying is please dont be fooled and dont sign up for stuff just because your favourite news site (who want your cash) are saying so.

A message to all PSP sites, Respect the people who visit you.

Reply to this article and post your horror storys.

As a few of you may notice, I am one of the mods over at pspupdates.com and I've got to say no one is as pissed at this as me. They have claimed that they are losing $500 a day but I find this hard to believe with the amount of popups a non premium member is baraged with. Basically, I'm a bit sick of pspupdates and I think I'll start hanging out over here a bit more, because atleast I know you guys are in it for the benefit of the scene. Well, there's my rant over but lets just say I'm not the only mod angry at this; everyone single one of us have shown our disgust at this.

Quote Originally Posted by brain_stew
    As a few of you may notice, I am one of the mods over at pspupdates.com and I've got to say no one is as pissed at this as me. They have claimed that they are losing $500 a day but I find this hard to believe with the amount of popups a non premium member is baraged with. Basically, I'm a bit sick of pspupdates and I think I'll start hanging out over here a bit more, because atleast I know you guys are in it for the benefit of the scene. Well, there's my rant over but lets just say I'm not the only mod angry at this; everyone single one of us have shown our disgust at this.
    youve got to be $#@!ting me

well.. it seems decent people are left in the world after all. This is, without a doubt the greatest console homebrew forum (imo.. which is all that counts) so welcome and enjoy

Blog Entries

Yeah i want to clarify something

I have nothing against the good members and unpaid forum staff of PSPUpdates but i cant stand idly by and let you all be taken the piss out of without saying my peace, if they left the Homebrew and emulation scene then i coudnt care less but you dont disrepect the scene and your members.

Blog Entries

Theres no way on earth they are losing 500 dollars a day

no hosting package on earth costs that much

Quote Originally Posted by wraggster
    Theres no way on earth they are losing 500 dollars a day

no hosting package on earth costs that much
    Well, I have to agree I don't expect the admin to lie to me but I think they are and it pisses me off. What annoyed me more than anything was the fact that us mods were given no warning of it at all, I mean just the day before I was deleting referral links and bam! Out of nowhere comes the final straw. If they kick me off the mod staff for slandering the site I don't really care, if you want to check out my comments over there on the subject you can. I've been into emulation for quite a while and originally saw psphacker as a good place to help get other people setup and enjoying homebrew and it was but its all about the money now and sadly I think it always has been, I just never noticed it as much before. Now, what pisses me and I'm sure the premium members off alot is the fact that every damn news post has a link to the free PSP site. The damn premiumers paid to get rid of ads and then they get stuck with this, it sucks big time.

DCEmu Newbie

Heh. They are now 'giving away' 'free' iPods. Also, on every news post, they added a link saying "Get a PSP PlayStation Portable from us Totally FREE".

I can't believe that a site I used to support and defend turned out to be completely full of $#@! from day one.

Quote Originally Posted by p4ch3c0
    Heh. They are now 'giving away' 'free' iPods. Also, on every news post, they added a link saying "Get a PSP PlayStation Portable from us Totally FREE".

I can't believe that a site I used to support and defend turned out to be completely full of $#@! from day one.
    Heh, atleast you never spent a hell of a lot of hours making the forums and that place great, only for all your work to be undone by money hungry $#@!s.

DCEmu Newbie

I believe that's the same reason that m.e left and made his own site.

Blog Entries

He made a massive mistake by selling the PSPHacker domain

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information