Thread: Logitech PlayGear Amp (awsome PSP Addon)

Blog Entries

Default Logitech PlayGear Amp (awsome PSP Addon)

Upgrade your PlayStation®Portable´s audio and enjoy full, rich sound. Versatile power and storage options make PlayGear Amp™ the ideal companion when you need great audio to go.

Full, rich sound. Think you have to compromise to get good sound from small speakers? PlayGear Amp´s matched quad micro drivers deliver remarkable performance in a small package.

Everything in its place. The custom-fitted cradle holds your PSP™ while you listen to music or watch movies. The included, extra long audio cord lets you enjoy the superior sound even while gaming

Stow and go. Use the included deluxe travel case to store your speakers, cables and AC adapter when they´re not in use. Once packed, these speakers are nearly as portable as the PSP itself!

http://www.yesasia.com/?/info.php?pro...0&lsaid=219793

The thing I've noticed about the external speakers for the psp popping up everywhere is that they don't seam to have all 7 speakers like on the system itself. I doubt the little 20mm jack could put out all 7 outputs though. Good sound is a nice thing for the psp though, because it's already got that sexy wide lcd screen. If these little speakers really have some good sound to 'em, it would practically turn the psp into a little home theater w/ media pc.

7 speakers, eh? well what i was thinkling is they should make it so it uses the external speakers AND the psp speakers, ya know? and whats so portable about ehse speakers if they dont use batteries...?

DCEmu Newbie PPP(PROWD PSP OWNER)'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by turtleghandi
    The thing I've noticed about the external speakers for the psp popping up everywhere is that they don't seam to have all 7 speakers like on the system itself. I doubt the little 20mm jack could put out all 7 outputs though. Good sound is a nice thing for the psp though, because it's already got that sexy wide lcd screen. If these little speakers really have some good sound to 'em, it would practically turn the psp into a little home theater w/ media pc.
    It dosent have 7 it has two look in your instruction manual and it only has 2 the thing at the top is just design !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by RedKing14CA
    7 speakers, eh? well what i was thinkling is they should make it so it uses the external speakers AND the psp speakers, ya know? and whats so portable about ehse speakers if they dont use batteries...?
    it uses batteries and it has a ac plug aswell it also comes in like a travel case so it fits in a small backpack

I bought this and was disappointed. It looks cool, comes with a decent carrying case that packs up the ac plug, cables, and speaker system. I was disappointed with the overall sound quality. The mid range to semi high vocals were crystal clear but highs were weak and mid bass to deep bass non existant. Also music tends to get muddy behind the vocals as if there is a passive crossover focusing on vocals. Sound quality is comparable to a $20 speaker system; buy a $40 earphones and the sound will be clearly superior.

The cradle feels cheap but looks pricey. You got to plug a supplied cable into the back of the unit and the other end into the PSP audio out. the psp power cable is required to a/c power the psp.

My recommendation is only buy this if you want something to travel with or you got $60 bucks to toss around.

Thread Information