Thread: NEO Spring coding contest 2008 for NDS(GBA) and PSP first announcement

Blog Entries

General games NEO Spring coding contest 2008 for NDS(GBA) and PSP first announcement

Our good pals over at Neoflash have posted News of a new coding competition for DS/GBA and PSP, heres the details:

NEO Spring coding contest 2008 for NDS(GBA) and PSP first announcement
    *** close time: March.20th 2008 ***

more info: http://www.neoflash.com/forum/index....ic,4862.0.html

* NDS(GBA) and PSP Game division
    There are 10 winners for NDS(GBA) game and 10 winners for PSP game, total 10+10 winners.

* NDS(GBA) and PSP APP division
    There are 10 winners for NDS(GBA) App and 5 winners for PSP App, total 10+5 winners.

In this neo coding contest, the main concept is for R6 Gold / MK6 Motion cart / PSP Motion kit applications, it's mean you will have more chance to win with an Apps using the full motion function.

The rules of NEO Spring coding contest 2008:

[1] All original entries will get +5 "original score " , but the second entry (same project from last contest but improved, and just enter one more time again ) will don't get any "original score" in this contest.

[2] From this contest we try to use a new judge way --- everyone can become the judger! You just need test all contest entering and submit your very detailed test report to us , if can come with your top 10 winner judgement will be best, here have one nice judgment sample come from anjanj26 --- http://www.neoflash.com/forum/index.....html#msg31451 .
    We will set a new award --- "NEO Professional Reviewer Award" from this contest, we will check all review reports and choose top 3 from NDS division and top 3 from PSP division too, so will have 6 top "NEO Professional Reviewer" will get our prize.

[3] The result of public contest projects poll just use for judger refer, but it'll not affect the project score again.

[4] The No.1 winner from last Neo contest can't use their same project (even it has updated a lot) to enter this contest again.

[5] You can enter the PSP/NDS/GBA's GAME contest and APP contest at the same time, without any limit.

[6] You must put the splash screen of "NEO Spring coding contest 2008" to your production.

[7] If your production have enter other contest before, you can enter this NEO contest still.

[8] If your project can support NEO Motion function, then you will get +5 "Motion Score".

[9] You don't need public your source code, but if you can PM to us for refer will be welcome.

The top 10 prize list for NDS(GBA) and PSP contest,4 divisions are same:

The No.1 : US$300 cash , OR choose anyone item from the final NEO product prize list.

The No.2 : US$200 cash , OR choose anyone item from the final NEO product prize list.

The No.3 : US$100 cash , OR choose anyone item from the final NEO product prize list.

The No.4 ~ No.10 : can choose anyone item from the final NEO product prize list.

The top 6 NEO Professional Reviewers (3 from NDS/GBA division and 3 from PSP division) can choose anyone item from the final NEO product prize list.

Total winners : 41

NEO Spring Coding contest 2008 close time : March.20th 2008
    Winner prize send out time : April.20th 2008

Note: We will keep the right for use the neo contest production in the NEO products,like use for demo.

The Neoflash Competitions are the premier coders competitions for the PSP and Nintendo DS Scenes

Quote Originally Posted by wraggster View Post
    Note: We will keep the right for use the neo contest production in the NEO products,like use for demo.
    Does that mean that they have the rights to distribute any program that is entered into their competition in their flashcart products? That's some pretty scary stuff... Reminds me of that DS card that had a hack version of DSOrganize, or the R4 which has a modified version of Moonshell...

Yes they can include entries with their products. I expect they will include motion homebrew with their motion devices. I think it's a fair condition, their prizes are generous enough.
    Last edited by Sektor; February 17th, 2008 at 02:50.

DCEmu Coder

I think they'd only use your app/game if it won a prize anyway so it's pretty win-win.

DCEmu Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by rememberthe8bit View Post
    Does that mean that they have the rights to distribute any program that is entered into their competition in their flashcart products? That's some pretty scary stuff... Reminds me of that DS card that had a hack version of DSOrganize, or the R4 which has a modified version of Moonshell...
    Uh, the only modification the moonshell that the R4 comes with has is that it has a working reset.mse that lets you soft reset, other than that it's the same thing. Nothing wrong with including software like that, I think a lot of homebrew carts come with moonshell since it's just something you kind of expect nowadays. The cart that had DSO without asking permission and releasing their modified source was effed up, but other than that I don't think these guys are going to rip people off or anything, it's their contest to do with what they please.

DCEmu Coder

ooohhh should I enter?? hmmm.

Thread Information