Thread: Roxio Easy CD Creater 5 compatible??

Default Roxio Easy CD Creater 5 compatible??

Is Roxio's Easy CD Creator 5 compatible with burning Dreamcast homebrew or emulation disks? I have this program and really dont want to have to buy a new burning tool. If it works for DC burning, where can I find a tutorial?

Default Re: Roxio Easy CD Creater 5 compatible??

I thought you asked this already if not i might be able to help out i dont think you can with Roxio most recommendable is Nero,Disc Juggler and Alcohol 120% and you can download the trials and use them until they expire then of course you have to pay

If ISO is a image that works with dc and is compatible with Roxio its quite possible

Eric

I havent asked before, but could you explain what ISO is?

Because it supports it....

im confused....

OK. Here's the lowdown:

Roxio Easy CD Creator is completely incapable of burning selfbooting Dreamcast discs. The reason, as I understand it: Selfbooting Dreamcast discs require two separate sessions to be burned at once. Easy CD Creator cannot burn two separate sessions in the same burning stroke. Therefore, it cannot be done with Easy CD Creator.

Fear not, though, as you have other easy options.

You can download the trial version of DiscJuggler, which is completely free. There is not time limit on this trial version. The only drawback is that it will force the lowest possible burning speed. However, this is actually a good thing for Dreamcast discs, as anything burned at high speeds usually does not work.

You can download a trial version of Alcohol 120%. I have not used Alcohol, so I am not able to elaborate on this option.

You can use Selfboot Inducer or Selfboot to create your Dreamcast images. Selfboot and Selfboot Inducer both come bundled with a program called CDRecord. The programs have been set up to perfectly burn a selfbooting Dreamcast disc with CDRecord, and none of it costs any money.

Selfboot Inducer also allows you to put more than one emulator, application, demo or game on a single disc. It creates a nice little menu, making use of a DC application called Dream Inducer, that will organize all of your apps/demos/emus/games, and allow you to choose them from the disc.

If you are interested in using Selfboot Inducer, you can find a nice tutorial, walking you from start-to-finish, at http://www.sesonsite.com/Ten-321/DCS...ndv4_Tut.shtml
    DCHelp - A Newbie's Best Friend
    DC Evolution - Disc Images
    The DreamZone Forums

I Refuse To Help Anyone That Says They've Tried Everything.

Thread Information