Thread: Space Invaders Extreme

Blog Entries

psp Space Invaders Extreme

Newly released today:

“Space invaders is COOL and EXTREME!!”

In 2008, Space Invaders will reach its 30th anniversary. Space Invaders is obviously widely known as a game, but also as a motif. Even the members of the younger generation who have never played the game have come into contact with its icons through fashion and other designs. So this name is loved throughout the generations.

The popularity of Space Invaders and its motifs transcend generations, and this time it is remade to combine brand new visuals and exhilarating gaming experience in an innovative system, and this becomes the Space Invaders Extreme!

This Space Invaders Extreme will not only re-attract the gamers of the previous versions, but appeal to new and younger players as well. To maximize the game's enjoyability, the shooting system is incorporated with elements like speed, freshness and is powered up in all aspects.
    This is a game that must be played.

http://www.play-asia.com/SOap-23-83-...j-70-2f25.html

DCEmu Newbie

wow how did a game like this ever made it on psp sholda stayed on like gba or something it sucks balls i feel sory if someone buys it..

DCEmu Newbie

Just bought myself the Nintendo DS version and it's excellent. From reviews that I've read the DS version has the edge on the PSP incarnation, but both are brilliant games.

Highly recommended.

Not bad, in a Space-Invaders meets Lumines II kind of way.

It's just the way Sony/Taito expect us to pay full whack, for a rehashed 30 year old game - quite frankly, if I'd paid more than a few quid for this, I'd be apoplectic.

This would be the cream of homebrew releases - but expecting the general public to pay £20+, come off it :rofl:

DCEmu Newbie

I'd say it's easily worth 20 quid as it plays like a dream (okay, an acid-induced dream, but a dream nonetheless!). It's not just Space Invaders, it's Space Invaders with some intense gameplay and a bucket-load of additional bells and whistles. I also love the way that the sound effects seemlessly integrate with the music.

I played the original Space Invaders to death back in the late 70s and early 80s and find that Space Invaders Extreme isn't so much like a breath of fresh air, it's a damn hurricane of goodness.

*Note: comments based on the DS incarnation.

DCEmu Newbie

I loved the demo, but does this game require any Japanese knowledge? I have none. D:

(I'd pay $40 for this if I didn't have...erm ways of obtaining PSP games)
    Last edited by myuusmeow; February 23rd, 2008 at 19:00.

Thread Information