Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tuna vids v1.0 - Xvid/AVI Player for DS

Try using ffmpeg or the SUPER converter with equivalent settings checked.

DCEmu Newbie

I used tunebite to convert works fine.. Only problem is, sound is off (I synced it for that.) And..it's in slow motion. Why is it in slow-mo? I play it on my pc it's fine.
    Tuna plays it, it's very slow. Any suggestions?

You sure you set the framerate to 12 or lower and the bitrate low enough to prevent the DS from choking on the video?

DCEmu Newbie

What should the BitRate be at?

Around 192 kbps would be fine. My experimentation shows you can get upwards of 300 if you want, but you'd need to set the framerate to something lower like 10 for it to work.

It puzzles me that everyone seems to like this software yet all the forums are full of people complaining that they cant get it to work properly. I can only assume that the mention of .avi is the reason people like it, even though, like every other DS movie player, the video needs to be transcoded to a lower resolution, bitrate and framerate, making it just as much hassle as every other video player.
    Can someone please explain why this player is better than any of the others?

But it's .avi! That's the extension that the films I borrow from the internet have! LOLZ ROTFL etc
    Now if this program took rar files we'd be sorted.

(you make a good point btw!)

But it's a different .avi you still need to convert everything you have to this different .avi, just like you have to convert to .dpg or anything else.

Yeah, I know what you mean ;-)
    I guess the goal would be a "play anything" kinda player, that doesn't require users to post-process their videos before they play them. However I appreciate that the DS hasn't got the juice for this so that's a quite-unlikely wish.

Advantage 1: ease of previewing the output video file on your computer after converting. Easier than DPGplay at least.

Advantage 2: ability to fix synchronization errors during playback.

I'll admit that I mostly only use tuna-viDS for some marching band videos that absolutely refuse to remain in-sync in DPG format, but it's still a useful video player nonetheless.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information