Thread: Lair Analog Patch Confirmed?

ps3 Lair Analog Patch Confirmed?

via Kotaku

Often rumored and much desired, Doug Allen from the IGN Blogs has reportedly gotten his hands on the analog controls for Factor 5's much-maligned PlayStation 3 game Lair, and claims they are the bomb - quite possibly the bomb diggity.

I played it and Holy sh*t; Greg needs to give them a new score. It was kind of clear that Factor 5 put in the extra effort a little begrudgingly, but the results were amazing. This might push me over the edge into the "must buy PS3" territory. I also mentioned Greg Miller's name, and the Factor 5 guys burned a hole through my skull with their looks of hatred. I think they'll be alright once the patch is out for a while though.

Sounds good to me, though since this is just a guy in a blog post we're going to have to chalk this up as a rumor right now. Why no official confirmation yet? With all the new stuff to look at, who is going to drop by the Lair kiosk?

Although interesting, I didn't find it any easier to control using the PSP nub. The problem is not really the controls so much as the aiming system and clunky movement of the dragons.

Quote Originally Posted by $n!pR View Post
    Although interesting, I didn't find it any easier to control using the PSP nub. The problem is not really the controls so much as the aiming system and clunky movement of the dragons.
    Wait, what are you referring to? Did they release a PSP version of this game, or are you able to use your PSP as a controller for the PS3?

Use PSP via remote play.

I doubt this will help sales any, the game was released so long ago, are they gonna make TV ads for the patch too?

I don't know. I tried the game before, knowing it had gotten bad reviews, but really intending to keep an open mind, and what killed it was the shoddy sixaxis-only control. If they patched it for analog, I'd give it another go, especially considering it's usually one of the games you see on Gamefly's preplayed sale list.

Thread Information