Thread: PCMonitor Alpha (View PC CPU, RAM and Network Usage on your PSP) Alpha 3 Released

Blog Entries

psp PCMonitor Alpha (View PC CPU, RAM and Network Usage on your PSP) Alpha 3 Released

News/release from darksaboteur:

This project allows you to view your computers CPU, RAM and Network Usage on your PSP graphically.
    You are required to run a small server application on the PC which you wish to monitor, the PSP then connects to this over WiFi and displays the info.
    The server is written in VB6, while the PSP code is in C++

Notes
    - Although the WiFi connection screen only uses the debug text the resource monitoring screen is graphical.
    - PSP is clocked down to 111Mhz when using the application to extend battery life.
    - Server only tested on Windows XP SP2 (may not work on anything below SP1 as some network usage monitoring code relies on it)
    - Requires 3.XX Kernel (Tested on 3.90 M33-2 only) so make sure it is in the GAME folder (if it is set to 3.XX kernel) or GAME3XX
    - Allows WPA WiFi Access

Usage
    ! The IP Address of the server must be set in "wifi.cfg" (in the format address=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx) NO SPACES!!!
    1. The "PCMonitor" folder must be copied to either the GAME folder (if it is set to 3.XX kernel) or the GAME3XX folder on the PSP
    2. To use this application the server (PCMonitor.exe, Located in the "PC Server" directory) MUST be running
    3. Open the application on the PSP and connect to the network
    Home will allow you to exit the application.

Misc
    - If the PSP is no longer in the application and the server reads state Connected (7), then you will need to reset the server to use it again.
    - The PSP will ONLY connect in when the server is in state "Listening (2)"

Known Bugs
    - If the PSP drops the connection (low signal, server reset, server closed, wifi switched off, etc.), it will not try to reconnect, it will just show a set of static values but the application may be exited by the home button still (This will be corrected in the next release)
    - If the IP Address is incorrect in the config ("wifi.cfg"), the application will just sit on a blank screen but the application may be exited by the home button still (This will be corrected in the next release)

Acknowledgements
    PSP Wifi Code from "WiFiController v0.4.4" by David Rudie
    PC CPU Usage Code from "Get the System Total CPU Usage using API" by Jason Hensley
    PC RAM Usage Code from "Get Performance Info Example" by Jason Hensley
    PC NET Usage Code from http://www.himarticles.com/SourceCod...alBasic_04.htm
    Alpha Tester "Wildboy99" from QJ Forums

Changelog

Alpha 3
    Bugfix - Now auto detects the drive Windows is installed to (used for network library install)
    Bugfix - The X and O symbols are messed up on the first screen
    Feature - Added minimize to tray option for server
    Feature - Cleaned up server interface

Alpha 2
    Bugfix - Added check for networking libraries and prompts for install if required

Alpha 1
    Inital Release

This is my first C++ project so please be nice! It has quite a few bugs to iron out so please only report bugs related to the server application. Any other questions/comments are encouraged

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments
    via darksaboteur

DCEmu Newbie

i dnt get the part where you have to set the wifi.cfg and put the ip adress in there ??? please help thats the only part i dnt get

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by talha View Post
    i dnt get the part where you have to set the wifi.cfg and put the ip adress in there ??? please help thats the only part i dnt get
    same here. i really want this thing to work... it'll be crazy cool. so, anyone know how to input the ip address part? i tried entering my pc's IP, but it still hangs...

Thread Information