Thread: VBA-M public SVN build: revision 368

GBA VBA-M public SVN build: revision 368

New build of the Game Boy, Game Boy Color and Game Boy Advance emulator for Windows.

Changelog:

Main changes are in the GBA core. More specifically the ARM, THUMB, and GFX cores. The cores have been optimized some more, especially the graphics.

Download and give feedback via comments

Default Sweet build!!

I've decided to use this as my primary version of VBA. Thank You all for the work, love all the new options. OpenAL is a cool addition, works well too!

Cheers all,
    Lex

:thumbup:

I tried to run it but got an error about d3dx9_34.dll, so I downloaded that file and tried to register it but got the following error:

d3dx9_34.dll was loaded, but the DllRegisterServer entry point was not found.
    This file cannot be registered.

Any thoughts? Or perhaps a link to the homepage if it might contain additional info?

EDIT: odd... despite the error, I can now launch VBA-M fine. How strange.
    Last edited by DanTheManMS; February 24th, 2008 at 04:10.

Quote Originally Posted by DanTheManMS View Post
    I tried to run it but got an error about d3dx9_34.dll, so I downloaded that file and tried to register it but got the following error:

d3dx9_34.dll was loaded, but the DllRegisterServer entry point was not found.
    This file cannot be registered.

Any thoughts? Or perhaps a link to the homepage if it might contain additional info?

EDIT: odd... despite the error, I can now launch VBA-M fine. How strange.
    Copy the file into your system32 folder and run VBA. The executable doesn't care if the dll is registered or not, it will use it regardless. If placing it in the system32 folder doesn't work or causes an error, put it in the same folder as the VBA executable. It's coded to look there by default anyway. I just tried it both ways and worked.

On a side note all your save games[.sav battery files] will be reset and the save states won't work because they tweaked the format of each. So fair warning there. Hope that helps you out.

Cheers,
    Lex

I put it in Windows\System before I tried to register it, which explains why it worked afterwards.

It seemed to work fine, and I actually haven't noticed it screw up my regular save files.

Quote Originally Posted by DanTheManMS View Post
    I put it in Windows\System before I tried to register it, which explains why it worked afterwards.

It seemed to work fine, and I actually haven't noticed it screw up my regular save files.
    Allow me to clarify, I was previously using the official release[1.7.2] of VBA, not the WIP version[1.8.0beta3]. If you were using the 1.8.0beta then your battery and save state files should work... As they seemed to for you. See, I am using VBA on an old P4 laptop and 1.7.2 worked better than 1.8.0, which to me seemed kinda of squirly, but whatever. And before you ask, I use the laptop to for video's, DVD's, music and emulators.

I'm actually the same way. I use 1.7.2 for nearly everything and use 1.8.0 only when needed. I mostly need the additional speed 1.7.2 gives when testing SNES emulators on the GBA in order to use the "speed" button most effectively. My save files remain the same after modifying them with both 1.72 and VBA-M build 368. I haven't tested with a hex editor or anything, but VBA-M picked up my 1.7.2 save file, which still worked in 1.7.2 after saving in-game.

The only thing VBA-M screwed up was my configuration file, but I just moved VBA-M to a different folder so I could keep both separate configs working correctly.

Thread Information