Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Full on PS3 and Wii Homebrew Approaches

Blog Entries

Home/News Full on PS3 and Wii Homebrew Approaches

The recent movement in hacking of the Wii and PS3 mean we are close on 2 fronts to have 2 new exciting consoles for homebrew.

The Nintendo Wii with its Wiimote controller should provide some of the most varied and interesting games ever to be created by homebrew developers.

The PS3 with all that power should be host to some amazing emulators, although im not sure what is possible it makes you wonder if full speed Dreamcast emulation is a goer in time.

My personal hopes for the PS3 is in time some type of Custom Firmware which supports region free PS1 and PS2. Region Free gaming on the Wii would be awesome too.

Whatever happens its going to be mega exciting for the WHole Homebrew scene. As always DCEmu will continue to be at the heart of all homebrew.

What are you looking forward to with the PS3 and Wii Scenes once the first true homebrew appears ?

PS3 - Emulators

Wii - Creativity

Thats what homebrew will bring for the 2 consoles.
    PSN (PS3/PS4/Vita)/NintendoID - Triv1umx
    Steam - Rjinswand
    Runescape - Rjinswand

DCEmu Rookie

lets just hope some1 finds a way to emulate the newer firmwares so we dont have to update to play new games making us loose homebrew. as you have to think both consoles are due some big games that will be targeted for a firmware update to block these if they can. since the majority of people with a ps3 will want GTA 4 and the wii has smash brothers and mario kart due that alot of people with the wii will probly get.

I don't know what we could expect from the homebrew scene from ps3 , maybe emulators like someone said already. On the wii though "garage" game creators could go nuts and we may see some really cool stuff, things we would never see other wise, oh and i hope this means hdd support will be coming to the wii real soon.

I can't wait for the homebrew abilities for both these consoles. If the PS3 is capable of better emulation such as Dreamcast or other's not possible on previous machines, then that right there is enough for me to get one. As for the Wii, I want to see what kind of crazy things appear using the wiimote or adding a portable hdd via the usb. The Wii could have a cousin of XBMC running on it and it would look and feel real nice. That's just my 2 cents.

DCEmu Pro

I can't even imagine the raw power of emulation the ps3 will have. When I heard about the exploit, I nearly soiled my pants.

It is very exiting to think about the homebrew that can be run on a PS3. The only bad thing is that a cheat device may come, ruining online gaming (think of the SOCOM games on PSP).
    I think the first things to come out for PS3 and Wii will be ported emulators, and then other homebrew games will come soon after. I'm sure there will eventually be custom firmwares, though, which will make the systems even better.
    Also, a real linux emulator would be great for PS3. That would not only open up an older platform that people know, but also allow us to use a wide variety of programs on the PS3. Or maybe a Windows emulator could be made too.

For Dark_Alex to work on the PS3, and own.

Full on emulation for PS3 and Media playback of all types.
    I want to retire the old Xbox

Default Are you serious?

I mean, Wii is a good plataform to homebrew, but I really don't care. PS3 wil be the SUXX000OOORRSSESRS because of the damn hard-to-program cell processor... I really want an XBMC on X360, that's what I and most of you need. :-D

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information