Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: The Future of Homebrew - Pandora Console ?

I wonder wat game systems it can emulate. hmm. Yea i dont think DS emulation is possible for that. Thats the reason y i have a M3 Simply. lol

DCEmu Newbie

Not really portable.......looks like a laptop...if they managed to some how make it a bit smaller..........sold.

DCEmu Regular

Just so most people over here in DCEMU know, a lot of the dev's that already have contributed to the GP2X scene are working on stuff for this already. From what I read on the gp32x.com forums some "early" builds of the unit have or are already being given to developers. Most basic emulation like genesis/megadrive, nes, Amiga, Atari ST, C64, NeoGeo, MAME and so on are going to be a given. Probably not all right when this comes out but it will eventually. SNES fullspeed with all transparencies and effects is going to be one of the biggest attractions for a lot of homebrew people. Also adding real keyboard and touchscreen for c64, Amiga, Atari ST and other computer emulators like DOSBox are what is going to make this system a real gem. This this is barely bigger than a DS and has the same PowerVR chip that is in the Sega Dreamcast. This is going to be nice for homebrew games. I can't wait to see what dev's are going to do with this machine. There already has been some really amazing stuff in the DS, PSP, and GP2X sceen. Now with this kind of kit some people are going to be making some nice apps. I also wanted to add that FireFox I believe is going to be the web browser for this. This will also have the standard (be able to play movies and listen to music) stuff as well. Just check out the wiki on this from time to time for more info.
    Last edited by geise69; February 24th, 2008 at 04:21.

I want one of these badly

the photograph is still a 3d rendering
    the keyboard looks scary to type on, altho functional
    the controls are still in a awkward position

if this thing comes to light it will defiantly be interesting, but im not sure it knows what it wants to be

right now its just concept art that looks like a funky laptop and less of a portable console

and how is it goning to compete with something like this, which is already available, and uses pc standards
    Last edited by osgeld; February 24th, 2008 at 04:27.

Quote Originally Posted by osgeld View Post
    the photograph is still a 3d rendering
    the keyboard looks scary to type on, altho functional
    the controls are still in a awkward position

if this thing comes to light it will defiantly be interesting, but im not sure it knows what it wants to be

right now its just concept art that looks like a funky laptop and less of a portable console
    They say April so Id expect it in june, im gonna put away $400 just in case this actually comes out

I will admit right now it looks a bit off, but Im sure theyll get it worked out

This is ugly, bulky, pricey... this is definately not the future of homebrew.. the psp remains the king for now.

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Nikolaos View Post
    This is ugly, bulky, pricey... this is definately not the future of homebrew.. the psp remains the king for now.
    Everything you just said was wrong.

it is abit ugly toss in some toggle switches and 1980 called, really more cheap looking than anything, the screen looks like a knockoff xbox screen

bulky? nah its still pretty small

pricey? not much more than a psp or gp

and psp is still king in the mainstream market, getting into hobby and nerd land (gp32, and this thing) its a close race

pinp12: (from the first post) '..it is around the same size as a DS.'
    You actually want it smaller or just didn't read the post?

Markzilla: I'd say he has a point about it being pricey for a handheld with no commercial developer backing (I guess we have to wait and see what it can do before judging if it is worth the cost or not), and I would agree it's ugly compared to the PSP.
    Granted the clamshell design is better for protecting the screen and it is hard to make a keyboard pretty.

The PSP has commercial games but had downgrading hassles, this has no commercial games but the potential to be better for homebrew (especially computer emulation,due to the keyboard) if it gets enough dev support and the build quality is a lot better than the gp2x.

Apples and Oranges.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information