Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How To Get Homebrew Working on The Wii Tutorial

DCEmu Newbie

Whenever I try loading this, I get all the way up to the "Boot.elf file found!" line, then it stops and adds a line of text every few seconds and then does nothing.

I'd REALLY like to get the SNES emulator up and running.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Cup View Post
    Whenever I try loading this, I get all the way up to the "Boot.elf file found!" line, then it stops and adds a line of text every few seconds and then does nothing.

I'd REALLY like to get the SNES emulator up and running.
    Sounds like a problem with the boot.elf because I have used many others with the twilight pack and have no problems getting them to load. It could be the version of the Zelda save you are using but is hard to guess without more detailed info about your wii and which files you are using.
    The best bet would be to re-download the files again, and I would suggest finding a twilight pack and follow the instructions to get the basic files running first.
    After a successful run.
    next replace the boot.elf file on the root with any other elf loader (mag_loader) or emulator should run .elf's just fine.

If it does still not run elfs then you might:
    -have defective card (suggest non-wii sdcard)
    it works for me on two diff non-wii cards.
    -need to format card as FAT (see above cmt)
    -need a different loader or emulator

Have you tried different homebrews or the original files from the twilight pack?

DCEmu Rookie

I don't know if they are using the wrong save file. Whenever I used the wrong one, the game would just crash with a loud buzzing sound. Anyway, if you have another SD card, try doing it on that one. The Twilight Hack has some issues with certain SD cards. I use a 2GB Sandisk card, and have had no problems loading files. Someone else on the forums tried two Canon cards, and it didn't work. They then got a Sandisk card, and were able to load files.

re: h29...
    I agree, I used different sd cards as well. One a generic cheapy named Impact and another Corsair 512 which I use now.
    I know some had issues with bigger than 2gb but I would suggest an old one you have laying around. Put your wii one in your digital camera or mp3 player and swap that card with it.
    I would try my gig micros with an adapter but they are for my sansa and is full of cd rips, and I do not see the point since mine works fine with other cards.

Hi, I just got my Wii last week along with the GC SD adapter and I'm getting Zelda today...I just have one question.

How good is SNES and PC engine emulation on the Wii?

Can't wait!
    Thanks.

I'm having that problem too. Everytime I load it, I get this string-

retval = c1000002 reply = 0000000 000000 00000 00000

And that keeps repeating. Some people say it's the SD card, but hopefully there's a fix for that. Any suggestions?

DCEmu Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by africansk8er View Post
    I'm having that problem too. Everytime I load it, I get this string-

retval = c1000002 reply = 0000000 000000 00000 00000

And that keeps repeating. Some people say it's the SD card, but hopefully there's a fix for that. Any suggestions?
    I think that means that the loader isn't finding anything to load. Try reformatting the SD card. Make sure you have everything setup and named properly. I've had it happen a few times where formatting the card helped. Also make sure your card isn't too big. If you can borrow somebody else's SD card or something, it wouldn't hurt to give it a shot.

I managed to get it working by formatting my card to FAT32 and using an experimental Twilight hack that supports FAT32. Works fine now.

which version of the twilight hack are u supposed to use????????????//

there are a couple avaiable............
    Last edited by NJisMYhome; May 12th, 2008 at 04:46.

DCEmu Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by NJisMYhome View Post
    which version of the twilight hack are u supposed to use????????????//

there are a couple avaiable............
    The newest versions are 3a and 3b. If your SD card is formatted to FAT32, you should try the 3b version.

http://wiibrew.org/index.php?title=Twilight_Hack

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information