Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: How To Get Homebrew Working on The Wii Tutorial

Quote Originally Posted by h2923j42n2 View Post
    The newest versions are 3a and 3b. If your SD card is formatted to FAT32, you should try the 3b version.

http://wiibrew.org/index.php?title=Twilight_Hack
    why cant u download the first one? is there something wrong with it??????

i still dont kno which one i should download...........
    Last edited by NJisMYhome; May 12th, 2008 at 05:12.

DCEmu Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by NJisMYhome View Post
    why cant u download the first one? is there something wrong with it??????

i still dont kno which one i should download...........
    I guess you can download any version you want. However, 3a and 3b supports loading from the Wii Front SD, and the other versions don't. You need an SD Gecko for those versions. If you don't have an SD Gecko, 3a or 3b will be the only versions that can load files for you.

If I do the latest version of Twilight Hack (alpha 3?) and I have homebrew channel beta 8 on the SD Card as well, can I skip the difficult elf editing part and will it load it right away?

DCEmu Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by gary_abernethy2 View Post
    If I do the latest version of Twilight Hack (alpha 3?) and I have homebrew channel beta 8 on the SD Card as well, can I skip the difficult elf editing part and will it load it right away?
    This tutorial is a little out of date. If you have the Alpha 3 version of the Twilight Hack, as you say you do, you no longer need to have an SD Gecko, or use any programs like 'Writeelf'. All you have to do is place the ELF file on the root of the SD card, and rename it as 'boot.elf'.

If you are going to install the Beta 8 version of the Homebrew Channel, you run the installer with the Twilight Hack, and also rename it as 'boot.elf'. As of right now, after you install the Homebrew Channel, you should no longer need the Twilight Hack, and at this point, you should follow the instructions on how to set up programs to run on the channel.
    Last edited by h2923j42n2; June 16th, 2008 at 22:09.

DCEmu Newbie

i also have twilight-hack-v0.1-alpha3a , the "wiibrew loader" will not copy from the sd to the wii.

i have started a new game, ran around and then saved. entered the memory management and deleted the saved game and then accessed the SD card. when trying to copy the data.bin "rzde2.bin" it says "the data was not copied"

the old files copied ok, but then i realized i have version 3.3 so i grabbed the new loader. but no dice.

disk = rzde oa 2
    loader = twilight-hack-v0.1-alpha3a

ive seen a lot of people have this problem. hopefully someone comes by with a solution. if someone feels inclined to email me please feel free to do so. thanks

-Nugem
    [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by nugem View Post
    i also have twilight-hack-v0.1-alpha3a , the "wiibrew loader" will not copy from the sd to the wii.

i have started a new game, ran around and then saved. entered the memory management and deleted the saved game and then accessed the SD card. when trying to copy the data.bin "rzde2.bin" it says "the data was not copied"

the old files copied ok, but then i realized i have version 3.3 so i grabbed the new loader. but no dice.

disk = rzde oa 2
    loader = twilight-hack-v0.1-alpha3a

ive seen a lot of people have this problem. hopefully someone comes by with a solution. if someone feels inclined to email me please feel free to do so. thanks

-Nugem
    [email protected]
    You're running an outdated version of the hack. 3.3 requires version 0.1beta1.

hi am going to get a wii in about 7-10 days well my sister is and I got homebrew on psp-phat and nds-lite, is homebrewing on the wii ok to do its not going to mess it up and can somebody give me a newer way to use hombrew on wii or do i just follow this but i havnt got zelda yet so might get it if its the only thing that lets hombrew on wii as i did with my psp-phat i had to buy gta to downgrade (that was before panadora battery's came out that is) then to upgrade to new custom firmware, but zelda a good game any way like the gta which i still have lol

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information