Thread: Alternative OSes

DCEmu Pro

Default Alternative OSes

Okay guys I have an old rig sittin beside me sporting win98, and I wanna try an alternative OS. I think its got 1.2GHz P3 and 128MB memory (I couldnt be arsed scrambling under the table to plug in my 1 operating monitor, cause it'd mean rebooting this pc, so I cant be sure). But I want to do something a bit different, I dont want to put on Linux, BSD, or BeOS, any Ideas on any other small, free, graphic OSes I could use? Preferably one with a bit of a community.

Quote Originally Posted by Mental2k
    Okay guys I have an old rig sittin beside me sporting win98, and I wanna try an alternative OS. I think its got 1.2GHz P3 and 128MB memory (I couldnt be arsed scrambling under the table to plug in my 1 operating monitor, cause it'd mean rebooting this pc, so I cant be sure). But I want to do something a bit different, I dont want to put on Linux, BSD, or BeOS, any Ideas on any other small, free, graphic OSes I could use? Preferably one with a bit of a community.
    nope. stick with linux, bsd, or BeOS.

if you just dont understand your linux let me know and I can help get you started at least.

DCEmu Pro

its no issue with that, I just want to try somethin a bit different. the ones I mentioned are becomin a bit to mainstream I think i've plumbed for syllable with is an AethOS fork or summat, skyOS also looked good, but the only in-developement OS I plan on shellin out on is windows

Unununium also looks quite promising, though is no-where near ready for me yet.

I'm think in of tryin several out, to get a real alternative to windows thats just that bit more indie than linux

Thread Information