Thread: Help with my flash0?

DCEmu Newbie

Default Help with my flash0?

Hey everybody, I'll admit up front that this sounds like a total noob problem. I am running 3.90 m33 v.2 on a phat psp and have a custom theme, but have been unable to get my backup flash0 files off of my computer. Right now my PSP-290 and mapthis! still work fine, but I'm worried that if something happens and my psp bricks, then I won't be able to use my beloved GPS.

I am ashamed to be asking for backup flash0 files from forum members, but if anyone would be so kind as to offer them to me I would really appreciate it. I have a pandora battery, but cannot get a magic memory stick due to my current custom theme interfering with the necessary files to create another mms. I'm not really sure of what else I can do other than re-paste the original flash0 files. When I originally backed up my flash0 files there was no problem (at least I thought so), but now they don't exist.

If anyone could help me or has any suggestions it would make me so happy!

Thanks,
    Maksidaa

Just buy a new Memorystick for 500 Mb or 1Gb and follow this easy guide to convert it to a Magic Memorystick with special super magical powers

http://www.psp-hacks.com/forums/view...?id=131074&p=1

Run it later on and reflash your PSP using Pandora and then youre god to go.

Dont accept other peoples files, get your own

Its a smaller risk things wont work that way.

DCEmu Newbie

Thanks for the idea. I can't run UPMS on my psp for some reason, otherwise I would have already made a stick, but I'll keep trying as it looks like my only option for now. Every time I start UPMS it comes back to the main screen with an error message that says, "Cannot start the game" or something like that.

But I'll try to get around it, or maybe attempt extracting flash0 files from different updates....who knows.

Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by maksidaa View Post
    Thanks for the idea. I can't run UPMS on my psp for some reason, otherwise I would have already made a stick, but I'll keep trying as it looks like my only option for now. Every time I start UPMS it comes back to the main screen with an error message that says, "Cannot start the game" or something like that.

But I'll try to get around it, or maybe attempt extracting flash0 files from different updates....who knows.

Thanks again.
    UMPS must be executed on a PSP running Custom FW
    And a UMD Game in the UMD drive does not hurt
    Try executing it on a friendfs PSP unit if they got CFW

Otherwise theres a bunch of easy PC guis to make magic cards, as long as you run XP and not Vista
    Just take a peek at PSP-Hacks forum ;D

DCEmu Newbie

Yeah, I have 3.90 m33 v2 and had a UMD in at the same time, and I attempted to make a mms just using windows XP, but at some point you have to execute UPMS on a PSP, right? And since my psp doesn't want to run it, and I don't have any friends with a psp, I seem to be stuck.

Quick question: Is there any way to make a mms w/out using a psp? I don't see how it could be possible, but maybe someone has found a way.

Thanks for all the suggestions, I'll keep trying.

Quote Originally Posted by maksidaa View Post
    Yeah, I have 3.90 m33 v2 and had a UMD in at the same time, and I attempted to make a mms just using windows XP, but at some point you have to execute UPMS on a PSP, right? And since my psp doesn't want to run it, and I don't have any friends with a psp, I seem to be stuck.

Quick question: Is there any way to make a mms w/out using a psp? I don't see how it could be possible, but maybe someone has found a way.

Thanks for all the suggestions, I'll keep trying.
    You dont have to use a PSP to create a "Magic Memstick"
    http://www.psp-hacks.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=129687

or http://igizmore.blogspot.com/2007/08...ery-magic.html

Thread Information