Thread: xbox spinoff ? WTF

Exclamation xbox spinoff ? WTF

so the really really hot chick on ign news, whats her name? i forget so ill just call her tootsie roll , i figure three licks is all it would take Says bill gates would support an xbox spinoff. i mean , this early into the game and xbox is already considering other options .. this is sad and doesn't speak well for the xbox one .. lots of mixed feelings , i wish success for microsoft, this gen has gotten off to a slow start and with nintendo on practical life support that leaves sony on top with no rivals .... that means sony can hand feed us garbage and we will like it or do without .. ive always prefered sony over xbox but without a contender sony will own the market and feed us garbage ..

I enjoyed Xbox and X360 (despite all the RRoD trouble I had years ago when I was a regular on the site). I bought another 360 last year (mostly for Netflix), and was rather off-put by the way it had changed.

The Metro theme is tolerable, there were still good games coming out (I was hooked on Fez for awhile), solid network, but signing up for an account became as bureaucratic as a trip to the DMV, disabling auto-pay was designed to be annoyingly difficult, and it seemed like they were more passionate about nickel and diming people than they were about their fanbase.

Xbox One's Kinect is remarkably powerful.. It was probably the best selling point for the system, but now they are going to start selling core systems without one. A lot of damage has been done to that system's reputation. I too wish Microsoft the best, but they really need to think about their next step. Their performance in the market shows that games are still a pretty important factor in selling game consoles (whodathunk!?)

Microsoft needs to find a new niche. FPS is what brought Xbox to power in the first place but, like many other genres, it has blended into the framework of everything else. Halo and Call of Duty have long passed their peak. Titanfall is great, hats off to the 360 dev team for what they were capable of pulling off on the nearly 10-year-old hardware.. But it's not a good enough reason to buy an XONE (especially considering it was touted as its killer-app when it's multiplatform and looks a lot better on PC).

Wii U has Nintendo and a good portion of whatever is left of SEGA, PS4 has clout as the powerhouse of the gen (a lot of exclusives lined up, it will also end up being the destination for higher-quality Japanese games that still exist). XONE could chase the casual, or the obscure, if they recruited more indie devs and made a game that truly showcases Kinect.

In the end, if CAVE makes XONE-exclusive games, I may have to borrow an XONE.

Hey evil, it's good to see ya, I'm glad there are still a few around from the golden days,

I suppose if I had one true problem with this generation it would be my almost contempt for Nintendo, see Nintendo has spent a vast amount of time creating a nice safe nitch in the market. They took a stance that they wouldn't directly rival the big devs like Sony and Microsoft But would instead make a cheaper less powerful console that would be in it's own leauge, Well that was all fine and good But with the Wii they had a success that appealed to a wide range of people even those who where not particularly video Game fans. For a while Nintendo almost abandoned it's core fan base and now with the wii u not only has Nintendo lost it's focus, But there is a lack of support for the console even from it's own first party.

How can Nintendo do this to it's fans? Sure the Wii u isn't doing Well and it won't as long as Nintendo refuses to deliver the games we know they can give us.

Nintendo made billions off the Wii, they have the resources to support the Wii u But the choose to dribble feed us the bare minimum they can without admitting they themselves have given up on their own console..
    Sure they will throw us a new Mario kart and maybe twice a year we will get a couple more nity titles But only enough to keep Nintendo stocks from plumiting.

If Nintendo completely caves on their new console that will put a mark on their name that will last for generations. So they dribble life support to it. But not life support for the console No. Life support for their stock holders, Nintendo is long past caring about the Wii u and has truly burnt it's core fans this Gen..

I was a huge supporter of the Wii at first.. until I saw what it was taking from the true gamer...

We are gamers and everyone can become a gamer. But when you broden the definition of what a Game or even a gamer is, you ultimately just destroy the original definition and replace it with something very different

Thread Information