Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pandora Help Needed!

Default Pandora Help Needed!

Before you ask, I searched not only this forum but others aswell and found no answer.

I used almost every single Pandora making tool out their and I still come across the same problem every time.

I install the files to make myself and magic stick and a Pandora battery, but my PSP never boots from it! It just stays at a black screen, nothing happens, I can't input anything either.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Im installing it on a 3.90 m33-2 firmware using the original battery that comes with the PSP. I want to use it to install a custom firmware on my PSP Slim.

Thats one of the programs I used.

sometimes it wont boot because the magic memory card may have not been made right you need to format it and everything if your on xp it should work if you have done everything but if your on vista that may be the problem

what are you trying to downgrade to?

Im not sure, im hoping one that will allow a custom firmware.

Could it be the memory stick? Im using a 1GB Sandisk Pro Duo.

Is anyone working on a downgrader for the slim that won't need Pandoras Battery?

hold on il link you to a useful file

bacalacadaca: Does using that require a second, homebrew enabled PSP to create the magic memory stick?

If not it is both illegal to distribute and against the rules of this forum to post, please remove it.

Team C&D released it the way they did so Sony's lawyers cant get their claws out on them nor homebrew sites like this one.

that one is the original from their site once again i dont know what you mean by second hombrew enabled psp

test it out and you tell me if its illegal

sorry if it is

Well, the whole point of pandora is to 'downgrade' your PSP from an official firmware that cannot run homebrew, to a custom (unofficial) one that is 'homebrew-enabled'.

The proper process to create a magic memory stick legally requires 2 PSPs.
    One that is running an official firmware, this is the one you want to downgrade.
    And another, that is already downgraded (running official firmware 1.5 or one of the unofficial custom firmwares).

The second PSP that can already run homebrew is required for its ability to both decrypt sony's protected files, and run unofficial code (homebrew).
    Because it can do both of these things, it can take a copy of the official sony firmware 1.5 updater file and the pandora's program and create the special files needed for the magic memory stick.

Because of this, there is no modified sony code (illegal) being shared around the internet, only official sony updater files and a small program that (when run on a homebrew-enabled PSP) can modify the needed files to create the memory stick.

Any method of creating the memory stick that does not require a second, already homebrew-enabled PSP is illegal to distribute because it contains modified sony code.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information