Thread: First visitor day of Games Convention 2005

Blog Entries

Default First visitor day of Games Convention 2005

Some great news and screenshots have been posted overat Dreamcast scene:

As announced, we're currently at the Games Convention, Europe's most important videogame convention, and present the Dreamcast history, homebrewn scene and rarities to the public.

After Thursday, the build-up and professional press visitors day, today was the first day for the public and we had many many vistors at our booth. In our eyes even more than 2003.

We present you exclusive photos of the Sega booth (which is in the same hall as we and only 50 meters away from ours), general impressios from the Games Convention and today's highlight - a little present for Yuji Naka, creator of Sonic and games like Phantasy Star Online or ChuChu Rocket.

Check out Dreamcast Scene Here --> http://www.dreamcast-scene.com/index...508#GC2005day1

Sir Digby Chicken Caesar Darksaviour69's Avatar

this is very very cool, Yuji Naka rocks can wait till max writes up about this, and more pics please (i wish i could be there)

I remember vanishing point, gorgeous game

Hey guys!

Today was the second day of the GC and it was amazing again. I have to make it short because I'm here in an internet cafe.

I'm really astonished how cool Sega is about all that Dreamcast and homebrewn stuff, we call each other with our first name now and I was about an hour in their personal business center. Their currently lineup is really cool, like Virtua Tennis World Tour (PSP), Full Auto (Xbox 360) or Sonic Rush (NDS).

Beside talking to some Polish developers about commercial KallistiOS Dreamcast games as well as the Games Academy (kind of programming school) we also met Yamariwhatever from Namco, who is currently the Director of Soul Calibur III (PS2) and according to him he ported Soul Calibur from NAOMI to the Dreamcast almost by himself only. He was very happy when we came around with some old DC Famitsu issues which featured Soul Calibur. Later we met him in the city near a bar, he's a really cool guy.

We finally presented the Dreamcast Demo Disc finally to the public as well as an Eerievale trailer and poster. Yes, we're officially publishing it now in 2006.

So far so good, I keep you guys informed. Tomorrow it will be the horror, most important day with the most visitors.

That's looking wonderful, can't wait to see the full rundown at the end of it all.

Sorry for bringing some bad news but it looks like some idiot has defaced the DCS site (scroll down):

http://www.dreamcast-scene.com/index.php/Main/HomePage

HEre comes my first day "for press only"

http://dreamcast.tivi.pl/lipsk/

Thread Information